cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So slow!!! Not worth what I am paying!!

So slow!!! Not worth what I am paying!!

My service is so slow!!! When I first inquired about Hughes Net I told the rep what I would be using it for, (wireless connection on a smartphone and smart TV for Netflix). When it was installed it I also asked the tech if it would do everything I need it to. He said that it would!! Unfortunately everything is so slow... With my allowance I can watch Netflix up to 24 hours a month. It's very hard to even get close to that when it will not even load the Netflix home page! If I want to get on Facebook on my phone I have to turn my WiFi off and go outside. It will load the app, but will not load any pictures or video. I called tech support and was not pleased at all. I told the guy my problem, he told me to turn everything off and turn back on.. Like I haven't tried that a million times. That was all the advice I could get from him. I asked about getting a tech out to my place, someone I can for one understand clearly and talk to face to face and was told it would cost me $125. That is ridiculous!!!!!! I need some help getting this issue resolved!!! I do not have a problem paying for service if it works.. As of right now I'm throwing money away. I know there is a fee for early termination, but at this point I really don't care. Unless I can get some help with resolution I will start shopping around!
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: So slow!!! Not worth what I am paying!!

Hi Drew, believe it or not, you have come to the right place by coming here. It boggles my mind how a company relies on its "community boards" to solve issues, but it does, and it works... So, I guess they have figured it out, why fix what works? Anyway, I don't have anything to address your problem, but, I will be watching. There are multiple times, especially after 9pm when I turn on my cell phone data because nothing loads via wifi.
One more thing, there are Hughes net reps on here regularly and they will chime in to help with excellent advice.

Surf around the site a little, there are specific reps on here and there is a page with them listed as well as their first name. If you can't find, I will find it again. I also learned yesterday, that you can start a new message and make it "private" to have it be a convo between you and the specific rep.

Kim
Assistant Professor

What is your router address set to? Should be 192.168.1.1 and are the boxes at the top of the page green when you go here: http://192.168.0.1/ ?

Also what distance are you trying to use the wireless, a lot of walls in between?
Alum

Hi Drew,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing slow speeds with your service. I would like to address your concerns. Please post a recent case number or the serial number on the back/bottom of your modem. Once we have your account info we'll be able to run remote diagnostics on your site.

Also to better assist you please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Head over to www.testmy.net, use 12 MB manuel test size for downloads and 2 MB manual test size for uploads. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,
Chris