cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Halle
New Poster

Software Download Status

Hi,

My internet was down earlier, so I unplugged the modem, waited 5 or so minutes, and plugged it back in.

My internet speed is extremely slow right now. I checked the status and saw that “Software Download Status” is “updating”.

Can someone help please?

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Halle 

While it's possible that it's actually updating the modem software, it's also possible that there is an issue.  The reps are off for the day, but they'll be back tomorrow.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  They'll likely want to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equpiment to make sure everyhing is okay, so if you don't already I'd make sure to have your modem plugged in during the day tomorrow.  

If they need any personal info from you in order to be able to locate your account they'll ask for it through Private Message for privacy. 

You can try power cycling the modem again to see if that makes any difference.  That's unplugging the modem, waiting for at least 60 seconds, then plugging it back in.  Then, after giving the modem at least five minutes to be fully back up and ready, try your online activity again.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

n/a

Damian

@Halle,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. After running diagnostics, it appears your modem did receive an essential update that caused the service to slow temporarily. As of right now, the update is complete and your speeds have returned to a normal threshold. I took a deeper look into the device connected to your network and I see the iPhone connected has a fair signal instead of good. I recommend using the 5GHz network when you are a bit closer to the modem. The 2.4GHz network shows devices that all have a good connection, so there should be no interruption there.  Please update me on your current status and let us know if you need any further assistance. 

-Damian