cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some suggestions for HughesNet "welcome package" for new customers

Freshman

Some suggestions for HughesNet "welcome package" for new customers

I am a very new customer and I am seeing repeated posts that are caused by confusion when new customers are not informed about a twenty day "breaking in"/grace period" where new customers receive unlimited data. This is very important information, and it should be something shared at the sales call, installation and maybe in a welcome hand-out describing the community page here, ways to get tech assistance, the QoS setting issue on some wireless routers, etc.

Also - my installer said I got the one repair coverage (the $7/month one) free the first three months, then would be charged. Of course my first bill gave me no credit for that. Maybe working harder to prevent that kind of misinformation would be a good thing, too?

I have to admit. With the data issues and all, I have decided to borrow some books and dust off my old Cisco networking courses. They were pre-wireless days, but I feel like I might be better off knowing more than the little but of securing and subnetting that I kept up with running my router through its rather self-explanatory GUI. It's okay though, my inner geek, combined with parental interest, is considering dragging my teenager into this. Maybe I will even teach is some coding together...

Back to more on topic - any other customers have things they think would have made the transition easier? I remember getting a handout about data management...
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Some suggestions for HughesNet "welcome package" for new customers

Good morning Lisa,

Thank you for your feedback, this is an excellent idea which has been brought up before in the community, and something we did used to do. We're currently determining the best way to convey all this important information to new subscribers. Thank you again for your suggestion! If you have more, send them our way!

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Re: Some suggestions for HughesNet "welcome package" for new customers

Totally.
Associate Professor