Something is messing with my HughesNet Usage Meter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitnbob
Tutor

Something is messing with my HughesNet Usage Meter

I knew I was using a lot of Data this period, however I was noticing some extreme reports from the HughesNet Usage meter app.

While comparing reports from  "my.hhughesnet.co/--->Usage" to the Usage meter, the reports were consistant. Web page statistics for UsageWeb page statistics for Usage

The HughesNet Usage meter showed similar usage.Yep! I'm out of dataYep! I'm out of data

But THIS is unusal behavior for the HughesNet Usage Meter

Something is messing With my Usage.I dont think I bought any more tokens.I dont think I bought any more tokens.

I dont reset for another 9 days.

This aint right.  Smiley Wink

32 REPLIES 32

I gave the treadmill a break and tried running outside today.

More of this on the way for Thursday.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@kitnbob wrote:

@MarkJFine 

Yep you would have 'cept you were probably outside most of the day enjoying this Warm Spell. I was Smiley Happy

You guys are lucky.  It's cold here again today.  Nice and warm Sunday and yesterday, and now back down to below freezing today.  😞  

With that said, I'll take 30 over -4 any day.  😛

@GabeU 

That's It!.....

The COLD is Messing with the HughesNet Usage Meter.

GabeU

I don't know about eveyrone else, but both of my usage graphs are back to normal.  🙂  

I figured they might have been doing some work on the system yesterday, as the usage graph on my Usage Meter was not there (Oops!).  It's all good now.  

@GabeU wrote:

I don't know about eveyrone else, but both of my usage graphs are back to normal.  🙂  

Im glad you are looking good!

Mine is OK because I removed the corrupted data.

Turns out that for this anomaly the bad file WAS "file_0.localstorxxx" . I found double entries for the same dates in mine.

The new repopulated one looks fine on my Meter graph.  The Graph was the only thing affected (I hope)

my "cache" directory was identical.

Your display problem happened during your reset period.

My messed up graph occured with 11 days remaining to the period, also did the fellow on the other post that you pointed out

Did I get his data???  Liz will find out. Smiley Happy

GabeU

@kitnbob wrote: 

Your display problem happened during your reset period. 

It may very well have had to do with that.  Quite often I check my data the day before, and even up to the time of, rollover, but I rarely look at the data usage graph itself, whether in the Usage Meter or online. I only did this time because of your thread.  Wait... you know what that means, then, right?   It's all your fault!  😛 😛 😛   

Hi folks,

Still working on this, and keeping at the folks to whom I've escalated. I'll keep you posted with any updates I can share. 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi kitnbob, 

Our Usage Meter devs are wondering if this has happened multiple times in past. Or was this time the first and only time the usage history graph was off? They want to reproduce the wonky graph you saw.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning kitnbob,

Just pinging you for the info requested by our devs: Has this issue you initially reported happened multiple times in past?

@Liz 

@Liz wrote:

Good morning kitnbob,

Just pinging you for the info requested by our devs: Has this issue you initially reported happened multiple times in past?

This only happened once to me. Oddly, GabeU found an other user with a similar graph. (discussed in this thread)

I have evidence of a breif power outage on Jan 29 (9:19 - 9:44 AM eastern) which I think is when my cache files were corrupted.

How my graph showed his reset data and his showed someones is the mystery.

OK, thank you for this info kitnbob! I've sent this to one of the devs. If they need anything else, I'll let you know. Otherwise, drop a line here in the community if this happens to come up again. 

@kitnbob wrote:

How do we know that the "additional data got interspersed somehow." didnt get into My Account database?

Pretty sure access to the database is read-only outside HN's tracking mechanisms precisely for that reason.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.