Sound like a broken record: "Extremely low download speeds"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hughes87s
New Poster

Sound like a broken record: "Extremely low download speeds"

I am a new user of Hughes Satellite. The service was installed a week ago. I arrived at the home yesterday and started using it. My highest download speed has been a whopping 1.7 mbps and, of course, I pay for 25mbps. I have used almost zero data and have reset the modem and checked the satellite placement. Everything looks fine to me. I hope it's an easy fix.

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@hughes87s 

If by "reset" you mean utilizing the rest button at the back of the modem, please do not do so again, as this can cause more harm than good. A reset should only be performed when instructed to do so by a HughesNet representative, and in the manner instructed.  

During your first twenty days your service is in what's known as a "relaxed bandwidth state", which means your data allotment is continually being replenished by HughesNet.  This is done as a courtesy for new customers, in order to enable them to update/upgrade their devices to current without it affecting their normal monthly data allotment.  After these twenty days your data usage will start being deducted in the normal fashion.  This is likely why you're showing almost zero data usage.  

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They should answer within a day or so.  Please be sure to leave your HughesNet modem plugged in so that they can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary.

Liz

Good morning hughes87s,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! I pulled up your account to investigate and I see that the HughesNet equipment is currently working normally. Our engineers are already working to address your concerns, so please expect improvements within the next few weeks. Once I have any new updates to share on their progress, I'll post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi hughes87s,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers continue working to address your concerns. It looks like they need more time to work on this and expect improvements in the next month. Once I have any new updates on their progress, I'll let you know.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Good morning hughes87s,

Thank you for your patience while engineering worked to address your concerns. Can you please tell me how the service has been for you lately?

Hi hughes87s,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.