cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Blacklists

Spam Blacklists

We are being blocked from sending e-mail through our e-mail provider (Alphalink Technologies) because the IP addresses we are being assigned dynamically by Hughesnet are already listed on multiple anti-spam blacklists.  Either our e-mail provider recently changed it's anti-spam checks, or Hughes' IP addresses have recently been identified en masse as spammers. Hughes tech support tells me that Gen4 is unable to support static IP addresses.  They also said that Hughes does not attempt to police or clear its already blacklisted IP addresses.  How can we get assigned clean IP addresses that will not be blocked by our e-mail provider's anti-spam checks? How does Hughes keep its clean customers from being lumped in with compromised machines when it assignes IP addresses dynamically?
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Spam Blacklists

Good morning David,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. We want to address your concerns, so please e-mail us at communitysupport@hughes.com with the e-mail address(es) you're attempting to send from, the full e-mail header, when the inability to send e-mail started, and your SAN. If you don't have an alternate method to e-mail us this information due to the block, please let us know here so we can accommodate you.

We look forward to hearing back.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sent.

Got it! Thanks, David.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Thanks,
Liz

Hi JT, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. We should be able to locate your account with that e-mail address you posted, so we'll e-mail you there with instructions so we can address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

New Poster

I would like to know the answer to this question also, there have been several posts asking this question and no answer was posted publicly. does Hughes Net attempt to get the mass flagged IP address removed? I was assigned one of the Black listed address a while back and my email account was flagged an forced me to have to call to get it removed by hughes and to have to reset my password when I had done nothing wrong, it was caused by receiving a bad IP address from hughes so I would like the see a public answer to this question

Thanks,
Liz

Hi JT,

Thank you for e-mailing us, we got your letter. However, we will still need the e-mail header for the example e-mail you sent us. Please just e-mail the header to us at communitysupport@hughes.com, no need to post it here in the forum, since we must remove posts containing e-mail addresses.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

As I stated in my e-mail to communitysupport@hughes.com, there is no header on a pending e-mail that has not yet been sent (due to the blacklist block), and as the sender I do not see the header a recipient sees for my outgoing mail.  Do you want to see a header from an incoming e-mail to me?