Spam in inbox instead of spam folder

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hooterville
Senior

Spam in inbox instead of spam folder

What good does it do to mark a message as spam and block it if it's still going to end up in our inbox?  I keep marking and blocking the spam and it just keeps coming.

It wouldn't be so bad if it would just go to my spam folder but it keeps coming to my inbox.  How can this be stopped?

Thank you,

Mary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

They are.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
MarkJFine
Professor

Stop using your hughesnet email address to sign up for things and as a userid... that's how you can stop getting spam.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Mary, I echo Mark's comment. I would suggest getting a Gmail account you can use for things that require an email address for a subscription, etc. Let the spam go there so it won't bother you as much.  Be aware spam is a nuisance that's very hard if not impossible to stop. Use different email addresses for different things. 

Marking emails as spam helps HN create better ways to deal with the issue, so keep doing that. 

You know, I wouldn't mind if it would just go into the spam folder, but it continues to go to my inbox.  Why can't it go into the spam folder?

Mary

Could be a bunch of reasons.

One that I know of in particular is that a recent batch has been very effective at avoiding spam detection.

Another possibility is that when HN moved the email accounts there was a problem where the particular folders were named different from where the new email system was supposed to deliver the spam (folder named 'Spam' vs. 'Junk').

Hello MarkjFine,

If HughesNet knows that there is a problem with the 'spam' 'junk' folders with the new email accounts, then shouldn't they fix it?

They are.