Spam

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tinman57
New Poster

Spam

I'd just like to know how it is that I can get spam, but if I try to send the spam to anti-spam addresses it rejects it because it contains possible spam.
3 REPLIES 3
MarkJFine
Professor

Lol... Chicken, meet egg. I think they're honestly trying to cut back on malware-generated spam from the source in order to keep off the blacklists.

How are you including the spam? As an attached email (.eml) or text file? Are you just copy/pasting the headers into your email? The reason why I ask is there may be a sensible way to get around the detection by compressing it before attaching it - though that might also preclude some abuse departments from accepting it.

To be honest, I stopped reporting spam since some cloaked spamhauses (and malware-infected hosting sites) started collecting the emails to send more spam. What I do is report the IP it was last sent from (which is pretty hard to spoof) to something like AbuseIPDB and/or a blacklist like spamhaus.org.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

I attempted to send them as a .eml attachment.

And to add insult to injury, Hughes just sent out an email about scam and spams. In it they stated "Report scams to the Federal Trade Commission (F-T-C):". Now how are we supposed to do that when emails with these attachments are rejected as "possible spam"? Well done hughes, you outdid yourselves this time...