cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed awful for over two weeks now

Re: Speed awful for over two weeks now

Hello Cory

Thank you for the bump, still getting used to the new community. I do see that there is maintenance scheduled for your beam on the 20th of this month which is being done to improve performance. On Monday the 20th I will call the engineers to confirm the work was completed and see if there was any change on your end. I am sorry for the inconvenience but appreciate you staying with me on this.

Thanks

Amanda

Sophomore

Thanks Amanda. Please let me know.
Sophomore

Amanda, Any chance of hearing anything before 3/20? That's going to put me at a solid month and half of subpar performance. 

Sophomore

@Amanda,

Ran another test to confirm. Still chugging along at 0.86Mbps. It took me about a half-dozen browser refreshes and 7-10 minutes to get to the point where I could actually post this. 

Associate Professor

@coryedwards1978, I am positive Amanda hasn't forgotten about you, I just think she may have taken on a few too many cases at one time.  Depending on what is going on at Hughesnet and your general location, it may be sometime in April before they can move you to a Jupiter II system if they was planning on that to alleviate your speed issues.

Sophomore

As you can imagine it gets quite frustrating not really knowing what's going on or having a solution in sight. Like I said, 1.5 months of less than 10% of what I'm paying for isn't pleasant. I'm sure they'll get around to me eventually.

Cory

There is unfortunately noupdates coming from engineering until Monday the 20th, but keep an eye out Monday for a PM from me with special Gen5 upgrade options. No excuse for me to not respond to you in a timely manner as promised, other than being very shorthanded and stretched thin but will do my best to make sure we take care of you somehow. If I can't get to you by the promised day Monday I will PM you anyway just to let you know you've not been forgotten.

Thanks

Amanda

Sophomore

@Amanda,

The latest speed test is still only at 1.4Mbps but it's remarkably faster than it had been for the past month or so. Have the engineers performed their work yet? If so, is that likely to be our new peak-time ceiling? 

I ask because I got your PM and I want to have all of the details in front of us before we make any decisions.

Thanks!

Sophomore

@Amanda,

First speed test of the afternoon was the best I've seen in a long time. Second was slower but still better than it had been. I do notice that I'm getting a lot of DNS errors that I don't get on any other internet connection. 

Any feedback from the engineers? 

Any other feedback on the bill situation?