Speed in NorCal dismal slow today

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macsociety
Advanced Tutor

Speed in NorCal dismal slow today

I been in FAP last 20 days or so... and today 1st day out of FAP for a bit.

Quite unpleased to come back to terrible speeds once again in northern California.  Before I went into FAP it appeared Hughes finally had me to somewhat normal speeds after a long time of bad speeds.

Today getting 800K to 1.6Mbps in 2 tests I did this AM.

Great 120s for sat signal.  Clear and spring like day here.  Even reset my modem after 1st test just in case.  Made zero difference.

@Liz @Amanda  any reason I should be seeing this poor of speed today?

https://testmy.net/quickstats/macsociety

Regards

TJ

28 REPLIES 28
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@macsociety

I like that goof one from the 10th.  499.7Mbps?  Can you imagine?  😛  

@GabeUwrote:

@macsociety

I like that goof one from the 10th.  499.7Mbps?  Can you imagine?  😛  

Yeh, it is funny every now and then I will get something strange like that.

Can only imagine it is an error at testmy.net or something.

I could download the whole internet at that speed.  hehehe

TJ

Hi TJ, 

Sending over your latest feedback over to engineering. I'll let you know when I hear anything back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning TJ,

Another capacity expansion is planned for your beam in the next two weeks or so to address performance. We'll let you know of any other news as we get it.  Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Lizwrote:

Good morning TJ,

Another capacity expansion is planned for your beam in the next two weeks or so to address performance. We'll let you know of any other news as we get it.  Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

OK, thank you.

TJ

Good morning TJ,

The capacity expansion was scheduled to be completed today. I don't have confirmation that it was actually done, yet, but I'll let you know once I find out.  Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Hi TJ, 

I got confirmation that a capacity expansion was completed for your beam Wednesday morning. Please monitor your system performance and let us know if you still have concerns.

@Liz wrote:

Hi TJ, 

I got confirmation that a capacity expansion was completed for your beam Wednesday morning. Please monitor your system performance and let us know if you still have concerns.

OK, will do.  TJ