cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed in NorCal dismal slow today

Speed in NorCal dismal slow today

I been in FAP last 20 days or so... and today 1st day out of FAP for a bit.

Quite unpleased to come back to terrible speeds once again in northern California.  Before I went into FAP it appeared Hughes finally had me to somewhat normal speeds after a long time of bad speeds.

Today getting 800K to 1.6Mbps in 2 tests I did this AM.

Great 120s for sat signal.  Clear and spring like day here.  Even reset my modem after 1st test just in case.  Made zero difference.

@Liz @Amanda  any reason I should be seeing this poor of speed today?

https://testmy.net/quickstats/macsociety

Regards

TJ

28 REPLIES 28

Re: Speed in NorCal dismal slow today

OK, a switch has been flicked t seems... getting nice speeds now.

How weird for something to be so slow 1 minute and a tad later super train fast... well downloads that us.

My uploads still stink here in NorCal.

New test only getting 700K... far from 3Mbps.  

I would be happy with getting 1.5Mbps like I used to on sat 19 if they can ever get that but will be happy with real download speeds for now.

TJ

Hi TJ,

Thanks for these updates, glad to hear of the improved download speeds. Engineering is still working on expanding capacity to improve uploads, once we have any news about that we'll let you know.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi TJ,

New hardware has been installed, and so far your beam's capacity has been expanded. Please monitor your system performance and let me know if you see any difference in upload speeds. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Lizwrote:

Hi TJ,

New hardware has been installed, and so far your beam's capacity has been expanded. Please monitor your system performance and let me know if you see any difference in upload speeds. 

OK, initial test at 1PM PST... good improvment.  Just clocked a 1.9Mbps for a 3MB file.

Download of 31.8Mbps.

So yes, something looks much better!

Thanks

TJ

Whew, that's good to hear TJ. Funny, I literally just sent some feedback to the engineers, let me send a quick follow up with your latest observations. Thank you!

OK, the engineer would like for you to run a few upload tests using the 15MB test file size whenever you get a chance. I'll send you a token for these tests.

Cool, will do.

TJ

@Lizwrote:

OK, the engineer would like for you to run a few upload tests using the 15MB test file size whenever you get a chance. I'll send you a token for these tests.

@Lizwrote:

@Liz, here are 3 in the last hour or so.

https://testmy.net/stats/?&t=u&d=04052018&x=90&l=25&q=macsociety

Figured I would do before rain starts later this afternoon.

I will try to do a few during peak too...

TJ

Unfortunately speeds have diminished.  A real low download 4.9Mbps and then upload drop a little later.

Last test was only 1.07 Mbps for up.  No rain here yet.   Good signal at the time.  So looked good but then a drop since my 1st tests.

Download recovered to 18 but upload suffered.

So a tad all over the place at the moment.

TJ