Speed issue OMG

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TampaGal
Sophomore

Speed issue OMG

So I just spent over an hour on the phone with tech support. The man was nice, polite, and professional. However, I feel like I've been tortured after all that. We tested, retested, retested, many times. We tested in 2g, 5g, direct from the modem and via wifi. I spent over an hour on the phone and my speeds up and down were consistently at .3 and .2 mbps, with one instance of a .4mbps. And tech support is not done. They are calling me back Saturday to put me thru more torture. It is obvious to me that this service is not going to work for me. I went without dinner, was delayed finishing my laundry and late with my shower, and finally HAD to go. Lord help me!! Just waive the ETF and let me go! OMG!
11 REPLIES 11
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

TampaGal, 

I can tell you that speeds that low are NOT the norm, so please don't get the idea that what you are experiencing is what the service is like for most people.  It's definitely not.  I hope that they can quickly find a solution to the problem for you.  

With that said, if you have an alternative that you know works better, I can understand you wanting to get out of the contract ASAP rather than waiting to see if the problem can be alleviated.  

Tnchargergirl
Freshman

Mine has been awful in the evenings for months now. All they can tell me is to reset my modem and router. I'm beyond disgusted because I pay too much for this poor service. 

I have to just stop wasting time trying to get this service to work. I will call tomorrow and if they can't help me just cancel and eat the EFT. Life is stressful enough to have to go through this. One more chance and I'm done. Shame, because I had really hoped this would be my answer to my internet service needs. Crossing my fingers....

I just called and requested the Gen5 change. My internet went down a few times the other night so I was really frustrated. Having to leave home and go to a nearby business with free wifi versus being in my home is not happy customer status. I was given no problems at all with the upgrade and my service will convert on March 31st. I hope to be able to report a great improvement afterwards. I am an optimist, so praying this works as I don't want to cancel. I'm also a bit stubborn so would rather do all I can to make things work out. I hope others who have been told Gen5 is not available yet will track my comments to see if I can give a good review post Gen4. Fingers crossed!!

So here is the link to my speed test results. http://testmy.net/compID/6157219495534

Hopefully I can call tomorrow and get switched to Gen5. I already have the Gen5 router. Not sure tech support can see these but hope so.

Please for the love of God help me. I have called and called and either I get disconnected or its a bad connection and cant hear customer service. When I switched to Hughsnet I was told that I would have plenty of whatever to facebook and live stream Big Brother live feeds. Well I guess I was lied to because when I stream I get about 30 secs of feeds and about 15 secs of buffering. Same thing when I try to listen to music. This is totally a far cry from HIGH SPEED internet. I was happier with Frontier to be honest. I am on a fixed income but if I have to I will pay the early termination fee. I hate to change but I will if I have to.

Also I upgraded thinking that would help.. NOT!!!

Please don't force me to change again.

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Really hope this works for you.

Best, Curtis

I'm scheduled for an upgrade for the 3rd. I hope it helps. 

maratsade

@TampaGal wrote:
I just called and requested the Gen5 change. My internet went down a few times the other night so I was really frustrated. Having to leave home and go to a nearby business with free wifi versus being in my home is not happy customer status. I was given no problems at all with the upgrade and my service will convert on March 31st. I hope to be able to report a great improvement afterwards. I am an optimist, so praying this works as I don't want to cancel. I'm also a bit stubborn so would rather do all I can to make things work out. I hope others who have been told Gen5 is not available yet will track my comments to see if I can give a good review post Gen4. Fingers crossed!!

Fingers crossed, TampaGal!  I hope everything works like it's supposed to. 

GabeU

@TampaGal

Hopefully it will be a great improvement for you.   From what I've been reading, it's been great for those who have upgraded thus far.  Mine is scheduled for March 30th.  

In the meantime, just keep in mind that you must be VERY careful when using public WiFi.  VERY, VERY CAREFUL.