Speed issues, can't stay on chat for Help

Junior

Re: Speed issues, can't stay on chat for Help

@maratsade  LMAO Heart

I just meant, what would prompt her to check Smiley Very Happy

@MrBuster  10-4

Distinguished Professor III

They keep track of the posts and what we talk about -- when the tests have been done, she'll check. Smiley Happy

bronccat wrote:

maratsade  LMAO Heart

I just meant, what would prompt her to check Smiley Very Happy

Junior

Well I ran several tests yesterday as per instructions (25 DL / 4 UL)
Back home now and will call them to discuss.
Distinguished Professor IV

@bronccat wrote:
Well I ran several tests yesterday as per instructions (25 DL / 4 UL)
Back home now and will call them to discuss.

Why would you call them?

Do you not want the reps here to help you?  I thought that was the purpose of you coming to this support community.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Junior

Of course, that would be my preference. I didn't know if protocol was to talk to both - or?

I also didn't know how long I should give them to respond here.
Junior

If I'm on the mountain, this is all I have. I'll be back there first of next week. I had hoped all of this would get resolved on here before I left but with the ethernet connection issue my timing sucked lol
Distinguished Professor IV

@bronccat 

They normally reply within a working day of knowing that the tests have been performed, so it's likely that they will reply to help tomorrow.  I'll tag a few of them so that they will be sure to do so.

@Liz @Damian @Remy 

Is the modem still plugged in at the location, as they'll likely want to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment?

To answer your question, you can talk to either, but I'd advise allowing the reps here to help you.  The reps here are corporate based and they have more tools readily available to help, such as direct access to the engineers, if needs be.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Junior

Yessir! Left it on for this reason.

You rock man, appreciate it!
Junior

A little LOL...
I almost ran a test here (just bc I'm new to "test.my" and realized it would look crazy. I know the location would show but didn't want to muddy the waters ;-)

Good morning bronccat,

Welcome and thank you for posting. I have your TestMy.Net results URL, thank you this helps. Please private message me your SAN or associated phone number so I can pull up your account to run diagnostics. A properly working internet connection is the basis of a properly working HughesNet Voice system.

As I understand it, regarding streaming, you're trying to stream Hulu and Netflix via your Firestick, but nothing loads? I'm not familiar with Firestick's interface, but basically nothing is happening when trying to connect to it?

For troubleshooting purposes, let's isolate the TV to which the Firestick is connected. I suggest documenting what happens as you go along, as I'm providing several troubleshooting steps below.

Are you able to connect the TV directly to the HughesNet modem via ethernet cable?

If so, please do so and temporarily disable wifi on the modem. For your convenience, here's the modem user guide. Please uncheck the SSID Enable options for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks, as you have devices on both.

If the TV is too far to be connected via ethernet cable, disable the network on which the TV is NOT connected (2.4 GHz or 5 GHz). Be sure to disconnect any other devices that share that same network to truly isolate the TV.

Once the TV is the only device on the network, try streaming and let me know how it goes. If no improvement, ensure the playback quality is set to auto or standard definition. 

If quality is already set to auto, please let me know which streaming platform you tried (Netflix, Hulu, etc.).

If any issues with that platform, try a different one to see if it plays well. This is to check if the issue is platform-specific.

If no improvement in streaming via the TV, please test stream on a different device on a non-HughesNet connection, if possible. For example, if Netflix is buffering on your isolated TV, try Netflix on a mobile device via cellular connection or other non-HughesNet connection. Any difference?

The above information will help get us started on addressing your concerns, so your cooperation is much appreciated. Let me know if you have any questions about the directions above.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.