Speed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sdn
Freshman

Speed

Stayed at a motel a couple weeks ago that had "FREE" wifi and it was four times faster than what I'm paying $80 a month for here. I can not even stream a simple FB video without buffering. 

2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

I'm willing to bet:
1. Your free wifi was ground-based internet to a server roughly 3 miles away, instead of a groundstation with a round trip distance of about 75km.

2. Everyone on the dark web likely has all of your usernames/passwords for every service you used to stream. Have fun with that. 👍🏼 

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

@Sdn wrote:

Stayed at a motel a couple weeks ago that had "FREE" wifi and it was four times faster than what I'm paying $80 a month for here. I can not even stream a simple FB video without buffering. 

Welcome to the world of satellite internet!  A lot of us here have no other choice except satellite, and have had  to adjust.  For example, I almost never stream videos, I download them and then watch them with no buffering.  Some people have no problems streaming.  As they used to say:  "Your mileage may vary."