Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds are too slow- Help!

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Speeds are too slow- Help!

Hi suebee68,

Were you able to run some tests at tesmy.net as of yet?  If so, could you provide the Results URL?  It will look similar to the following...  

http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

the message its giving me : You might have a problem... Your connection scored only 24% of the Hughes Network Systems average (76% slower). This does not always mean that you're in bad shape. If the Internet package you subscribe to is slower than most people using your ISP you'll see this message
Highlighted

Highlighted

You've got some tests done, and that's good.  They may request of you a few more tests at different times of the day, if you are  so they can get an idea of what's going on during other times, but this will give them a place to start.  Right now is actually in the midst of a peak usage time, so speeds are often lower during this time of evening.  Again, though, this will give them a place to start. 

I just noticed that you have been using the 12MB size for the upload tests, as well.  For future tests, use the 2MB size for upload tests, but continue with the 12MB size for download tests.  The 12MB size you used for the upload tests gave accurate results, but you only need to use the 2MB for uploads.  It will save you some data.  12MB for download and 2MB for upload.   

Just to be sure, when performing the tests your are using a single device connected directly to the Hughesnet modem, right?  No router.  Routers can cause problems of their own.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

lets hope they fix it so i dont ever need future tests..... this is ridiculous at best!
Highlighted

Highlighted

Hopefully they may be able to glean something from the tests run thus far, but again, they may need a few from other times as these were all done in a span of forty minutes.  They request tests from different times so they can see if there are different results at those different times.  It helps them to pinpoint and rule some things in or out.  Peak time results are often considerably slower than other times.  My peak time speeds often drop to a quarter or even less of my off peak speeds.   

Highlighted
Alum

Hi Sue,

We appreciate you taking the time to run these tests. As mentioned by Gabe a few more will be necessary. It is best to run the tests in batches, about 5 minutes apart, throughout the day. Other than the last two results, your speeds weren't bad for peak time hours. So it will be helpful to see how your site performs at other times as well. Once you do so please post here and let us know.

Thanks,
Chris
Highlighted

my neighbor has exede and it runs 3 times faster than hughesnet.... same owner - different name - whats up with that?! tired of working at starbucks 50 miles away .... as you can see by data usage I cant even work from home as it is that bad .... another unknowing customer sucked into paying for something that cant even get an email sent out.
Highlighted

suebee68,

Why are you complaining again when you haven't bothered to take the necessary steps to determine what the problem is and fix it?  It's been six days and you've run no more tests, and the tests you did run aren't of much help because they were all run in less than an hour.