cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speeds have been very low

Associate Professor

Re: Speeds have been very low

I have disabled all QoS services within the router in this case, hopefully this helps. I am used to DSL, so I never considered even attempting that.

I found this extremely helpful. The suggestion from Gwalk to disable QoS worked, as it appears that things are loading much faster. I was also able to stream the video of the speed tests in HD. Though this may have eaten up data, it was worth to test. Thanks for the help!

The speeds still aren't at advertised rates, though they are manageable at 1.49MB/s. I'm assuming that living in the middle-eastern US doesn't help speeds, as I'm likely in a congested area.

Sites such as mediafire still do not work at all. Downloads from many sites still fail before they start. Also, my main computer still has trouble connecting to the internet while connected wirelessly or wired to the modem. I have made sure the Qualcomm Atheros drivers are working properly, so it should be able to connect just fine. As a matter of fact, it connects perfectly when using someone else's internet. Sure pages load faster now, but what good is download speed when downloads constantly fail?

Never mind, figured out that all I had to do was turn web accel on and off a few times, and refresh it. I can now download.