Speeds remain at or below .91 mbs download

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mitzi60
New Poster

Speeds remain at or below .91 mbs download

I've finally gotten through to level 4 tech support and they are baffled (though much nicer and more helpful than the low level tech support).  I thought maybe it was a Windows 10 problem but no, when I borrowed up a friends Mac Laptop I got the same results.  I'm now waiting to hear back about when I can expect a tech visit. I haven't had much luck getting calls back about that, though.

I've tried all the things that tech support suggested. No joy.

This sucks.

I see in a quick search through the forum that I am not the only person experiencing these same .91 mbs download speeds. This raises my suspicions that somehow, somewhere Hughesnet is intentionally or unintentionally throttling some customers. Otherwise, why would it seem like my speeds are capped at such a low number?

This has been going on for weeks now.

4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Mitzi60,

Can you provide some more details?

1: What satellite are you on? Echostar17 or Echostar19?
2: Have you exhausted your data allowance?  Because those speeds certainly sound like speeds you will get when you have exceeded your allowance.
2: Where have you been performing speedtests?  The community only accepts speedtests from testmy.net when using the 25MB download package, as well as the Hughesnet speed test.
3: If you are on Echostar 19, what beam are you on?
4: When you performed the tests, you was direct connected, no wifi or third party router between you and the modem, correct?

You can find your satellite name, and Beam ID by going to http://192.168.0.1 and clicking on System Information

Beam ID27
Outroute ID36
Gateway ID5

I don't see a satelite name.

Does that answer your question? I'm on Gen 4 because Northern California cannot get Gen 5.

Duh. No, I have almost all of my 50 gb data allowance left because my download rate is .91 or less.

Did you miss the part where I said I already spoke to Tier 4 Tech support?

Of course, I used the correct speed tests.

I tried to connect every which way. Direct connected, wifi, on a PC, on a MAC. In a box, with a fox, you name it.

Now, does anyone have any helpful information/feedback?

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

If you want to act that way, then, well, I will refrain from attempting to provide any assistance.  Good luck.

Maybe consider posting a results URL to your Testmy.net account so someone else can go over things.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@mitzi60 wrote:
Beam ID27
Outroute ID36
Gateway ID5

I don't see a satelite name.

Does that answer your question? I'm on Gen 4 because Northern California cannot get Gen 5.

Duh. No, I have almost all of my 50 gb data allowance left because my download rate is .91 or less.

Did you miss the part where I said I already spoke to Tier 4 Tech support?

Of course, I used the correct speed tests.

I tried to connect every which way. Direct connected, wifi, on a PC, on a MAC. In a box, with a fox, you name it.

Now, does anyone have any helpful information/feedback?

Getting help or advice for an issue doesn't tend to work very well for people when, right from the start, they decide to get smart with one of the most knowledgable people in the entire Hughesnet Community.    

Good luck to you.