Did you mean: 
Ricky
Tutor

Speeds way out of wack.

Speed are way out of wack
29 REPLIES 29
Ricky
Tutor

My speed test are all over the place. I feel there is a issue with beam 34. I am and at least one other person have posted about this issue. I want the speed I have documented back by my speed test back.

http://testmy.net/quickstats/RickyYak1

jerry_spc

Hey I saw your post it is taking up to a minute to load this page. 
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

something is off with testmy today, it wont even show my results after testing
Pawnee County

The Internet is very busy due to the RNC Convention and other news.  But just like a gall stone this too will pass.  I spent 3 hours streaming the Convention online last night and will most likely do the same this evening.  That will slow things down a bit due to traffic.  
jerry_spc

so what are those of us that need to do work for $$$ to do??? sit on our thumbs and spin. I have just so much time. this is increasing my work load. who do I bill the time to???
Liz

Hi Ricky,

Can you please confirm that these tests were run while directly connected to the modem?

When did you first notice your speeds slowing down?

Any system changes you're aware of just prior to the slow down?

Your feedback will be used for the report I'll escalate to our engineers.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Ricky
Tutor

Hi, Liz, Yes they were directly connected to the modem. I have been noticing a slowdown for weeks now. I thought it may work itself out. However when I saw the other person on my beam was having speed issues as well I decided to investigate further. I have not made any system changes.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I'm still betting it is the kiddies being out of school, especially since you say slowing down for weeks now. If your beam/gateway is near peak on loading then any increased activity is going to slow things down. So IMO, if on a beam with lots of families with kids then things will slow down during summer months and will see the large variations you're having depending what the little buggers are doing and when.
pbparker
New Poster

Speeds have increased from last night.  A little more than twelve hours ago I was getting download speeds of 824 Kbps, now at noon Wednesday I'm getting 10-16 Mbps.  Do you notice any difference?
Ricky
Tutor
Liz

Hi Ricky,

Thanks for the confirmation and the additional tests. I'll send these over to engineering to see if they notice anything on your gateway/beam since from what we can tell, your diagnostics look good.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Ricky
Tutor

Great. Thank Liz!
Liz

Good morning Ricky,

The engineer informed me that there was work done this past weekend to improve performance, but a followup is scheduled around the 25th to help provide more consistency. Let's keep an eye on how your speeds are after the 25th.

-Liz

Ricky
Tutor

Okay, great Liz. Thanks for the update. I will keep a eye on it and continue to run test.

Thanks!
Liz

You're welcome, Ricky!

-Liz

pbparker
New Poster

Only thing I can say about the tests is that the tests show there's nothing wrong with our end because we can receive 5 digit downloads, on occasion.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Yep, that's the reason for the tests.  🙂
Ricky
Tutor

Hi Liz. My speed continue to be all over the place. Mostly bad though, real bad. See my history at ....

Janis Harringto

I just saw this post and went to do the tests on my machine.  The first test said DL was 6.4 Mbps and UL was 729 Kbps, 2nd test DL was 4.8 Mbps and UL was 475 Kbps, last one I did said DL was 2.4 Mbps  abd UL was 1.1 Mbps..
Ricky
Tutor

Speed increase I posted in another thread was short. Back in the basement.