Speedtest is good but loading anything is slooow

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dannymac86
New Poster

Speedtest is good but loading anything is slooow

I see there are similar posts to this, but it seems no one has posted any resolution. Maybe it got fixed and they didn’t say so, or maybe they left HughesNet. I got my HughesNet installed Friday. Ever since, my Speedtests have shown a range of 18-35mbps. But my AppleTV almost never loads Netflix videos or YouTube videos. Yesterday, I couldn’t get Disney+ to even load the thumbnail pictures of the shows/movies it offers. My wife is currently working from home and fights slow internet all day. I called support, and the 3rd time I called, I finally got someone who seemed to take me seriously. I am now referred to an engineer who is supposed to call in the next 2-3 days. Come on guys... 2-3 days?? I got my installation next day, but now that you got me, you drag your feet. I’ve restarted my modem, but no change. And I’ve hardwired the AppleTV with no change. We run 2 iPhones, a MacBook, and an AppleTV. I don’t understand the problem here. Help!
2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

"Come on guys... 2-3 days??"

The pandemic has slammed customer service everywhere,not just at HughesNet.  Two to 3 days is actually not bad. 

Liz

Hi dannymac86, 

Thanks for posting, glad to see you got through to phone support. In the meantime while waiting for your callback, here's additional info for you regarding streaming.

We apologize for the difficulty you are experiencing with your service. Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, traffic on the HughesNet network has increased dramatically. We have adjusted the network to help improve performance during this time of increased usage, and our engineers are working around the clock to optimize the network for all our customers.

To fix the problem you are experiencing, please try the steps below.

Adjust your streaming app/device settings:

Adjust your HughesNet settings:

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!