cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stat code 12.1.12

Silverowl
Freshman

Stat code 12.1.12

For the past week or two I keep getting a stat 12.1.12 and it's becoming more frequent and I have to keep rebooting the modem. What is this stat code? My connection has become very slow and browsing is difficult.

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Stat code 12.1.12

Not really sure.  I think it may have something to do with an uplink issue, as I believe all state codes that start with 12 are uplink related.  

I'll tag the reps so they can address this.  @Liz @Amanda

Four things...

1.  If you have your modem plugged into a power strip or surge protector, try plugging it directly into an outlet to see if that helps.  Sometimes those devices can hinder the power throughput.    

2.  Make sure that the power plug into the back of the modem is snug.  Be careful, as the plug is delicate, but make sure it's not loose and that it's pushed in all the way.  

3.  Make sure that the coax connector at the back of the modem is at least finger tight.  Finger tight is enough, but make sure that it is so.  

4.  Lastly, if you don't already, you should leave the modem plugged in, as the reps may want to run remote diagnostics on the HughesNet equipment and they'll need the modem powered to do that.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, barring holidays.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Hi Silverowl,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Sunday, Dec 31, 2017 between 8:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #108443386 if you need to reschedule.

Gabe's advice is also sound, so while the tech should check the connectors as well, it's a good thing to do yourself if ever you have intermittent connectivity concerns.

Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Silverowl
Freshman

Thanks to you both. Hope the technician can see what's up with our connection.

rayweb
New Poster

I am also having this issue. I just upgraded to gen 5 and immediately have this problem, i rebooted this new modem repeatedly. Please help