cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Code 12.7.2

New Poster

State Code 12.7.2

Lost WiFi connection two days ago. The System light on the modem is unlit. All other lights are steady lit. Ran the connectivity test on the PC. State code changes from 12.7.2 and then to 20.2.1. Can not get connected to the internet, please help
9 REPLIES 9

Re: State Code 12.7.2

Hi Crystalbureau,

Have you tried power cycling the modem to see if that helps? To power cycle the modem, unplug its power cable from the power brick and wait at least 30 seconds before replugging. Please let me know if internet is restored after this.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

Mine did the exact same thing almost the exact time as yours. Called CS and tried all resets/resend. CSR stated a tech needed to come out at my cost of $125...very rude and not helpful after 40 minutes on the phone! She disconnected while I was waiting to be transferred and now I am unable to reach anyone! Hoping to find an answer here.
New Poster

I am almost certain that the issue is foliage interference because I live in a heavily wooded area. I have always had issues during the spring and summer due to leaves on the trees. I have had Tech's come out before for similar issues and have had to trim several trees. I was hoping it was something else, like a faulty modem or software issue. I'm not going to pay for another tech to come out of if its an interference issue. Hope you don't have the same problem
New Poster

I have tried plugging and unplugging the modem several times. It shows the 12.7.2 code and the 21.2.2 codes
Distinguished Professor IV

@Kbryan 

Your issue may be unrelated to Crystalbureau's.  Because of this, and to receive individual help, it would be best for you to start a new topic in this same section (Tech Support), which you can do here.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, though there is occasionally one on during the evening.  

Once you start the new topic, you should receive a reply from a rep within a day or so.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Good morning Crystalbureau,

Thank you for power cycling the modem and updating me. Typically if there's a line of sight issue (which can be caused by trees)  that wouldn't result in the system LED being off, and our diagnostics would say there's a line of sight issue. I've sent you a free replacement modem to address your concern. The box will come with a return shipping label in the outer pouch so you can use that box to return the old modem. Please expect the modem in a few days.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

Thank you. I await the new modem to see if the issue is resolved
Highlighted

Hi Crystalbureau,

I was just checking up on your site, I see that UPS has been trying to deliver the modem, have you received any correspondence from them?

Final Delivery Attempted 10/25/2019 6:58 P.M.

Thanks,
Liz

Good morning Crystalbureau,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,
Liz