cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Code 12.7.2

agleach
New Poster

State Code 12.7.2

We have been having trouble with our internet for a couple weeks now, which is discouraging because we've only had Hughesnet since April. We got it because I went back to college online, and internet is (obviously) necessary . Tonight it went from very slow to not connecting at all. I've reset the modem several times, still nothing. The state code I'm getting is 12.7.2, and signal strength is 83. 

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: State Code 12.7.2

@agleach 

A 12.7.2 sometimes indicates an aiming issue, but only a rep can say for sure.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST.  You should see a reply from one tomorrow.

I should add that, when they do reply, they may very well need some personal information from you in order to be able to locate your account so that they can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment, but they'll ask for this to be sent via private message, for which they'll provide a link.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Damian

Re: State Code 12.7.2

@agleach,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community. I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you. After running diagnostics on the equipment I can confirm that the dish alignment is poor and needs to be repointed by one of our on-site technicians. In light of this, I would like to send out a technician for you. The technician will be re-pointing the dish and performing other preventative measures to maintain the repair. Please private message me with days and times that would work best for you. Keep in mind scheduling an appointment for a specific day may be difficult depending on the availability of the technician. Because of this, I will review the schedule based on your answers and present you with the ones that match the closest. Also, please include a primary email and the name and phone number of the person most likely to be there for the repair, in your private message to me. This person does not have to be yourself, but they must be over 18 years old.

-Damian