State Code 2.1.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Msjoell
New Poster

State Code 2.1.1

This is the third time my internet has gone out with this code in the past month. I really dont understand what's going on? My inside modem was replaced, and that fixed it for the past couple weeks. I really dont know what else to do. If anyone has any ideas, I'm open to suggestions. I really cant afford for this to continue because I'm fixing to start grad school. I need my internet!
5 REPLIES 5
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You could have a cable or radio problem. Check all the coax connectors and make sure they are tight, including the one on the back of modem and on the dish where it connects to the radio.

Have you had a lot of rain lately where it could have gotten into the outside connections?

All of the connectors are tight. We did get some rain, but it wasn't a lot. Is there a way to safely dry it out?
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

There's really no "drying" the cables out...  Once water has penetrated the connection, corrosion will develop and cause connectivity issues.  The cable end must be cut, stripped, reterminated, and sometimes the radio must be replaced.  If there are multiple outdoor connections, they must all be checked, and repaired as needed, and new dilectric grease applied to help prevent water from entering the connection.

Hi Msjoell,

I'd be happy to assist you with this issue. Since the cables appear to be fine, can you tell me if the modem shares a power outlet with any other devices or appliances? 

-Amanda

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Msjoell

When the reps see this thread they may very well want to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment in order to determine the cause of the issue.  For them to do this they will need your HughesNet modem to be plugged in, so it would be a good idea to leave it plugged in if you don't already do so.  

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so they should pop in to help within a day or so.  🙂