cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Code 23.1.1

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

Re: State Code 23.1.1

Before I "retired", my routine was to get up at 2am and do upgrades, work out, then head off to work to beat the Northern Virginia traffic at 4-430. Used to really hate those unscheduled maintenance periods, but you knew you were in one because all the lights would be off, no signal, etc. lol

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MarkJFine wrote:

Before I "retired", my routine was to get up at 2am and do upgrades, work out, then head off to work to beat the Northern Virginia traffic at 4-430. Used to really hate those unscheduled maintenance periods, but you knew you were in one because all the lights would be off, no signal, etc. lol

Isn't that traffic a joy?  LOL.  Trying to go from Manassas to Fairfax in the morning on Rte 66, then back home in the late afternoon was SOOO much fun!  And the Capital Beltway is even more fun.  When I used to have to go to company meetings in Glen Burnie, MD it was a joke.  

The traffic is one thing I don't miss about NOVA, though I miss just about everything else and would move back there in a second if I had the opportunity and means.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
MarkJFine
Associate Professor

I had the joy of having 29 to I-66 and VA-28 up to Herndon. Was at my desk prepping for the rest of the day by 6am, every day. The good part was making it home for 3pm midweek kickoffs.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Oh yeah, 28 was fun, too, especially as the Dulles Corridor got larger and larger.  I left the area in 2000, and I know thats it's even more densely packed now.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Jeff_T
Sophomore

That is possible I guess MarkJFine, it usually is when I get on the PC in the morning, around 9-10am. But just seems like a lot of maintenance, my 20 day introductory period had no problems. Anyway lets see if if happens again shortly and see if the details are the same.

thanks Jeff

Jeff_T
Sophomore

That was odd, I didn't see the last 3 or 4 posts when I replied last time, weird, maybe because they started a new page and I didn't expect so much response haha.

I am also retired but I usually think clearly.

Jeff_T
Sophomore

Same again today, the only contradiction to the original post is that when I shut down the PC last night I was connected wifi. I have a few screen shots I'll attach one here now. One additional note, I use a different DNS for the ethernet than I do for wifi, the automatic DNS will not always take me to the requested web page, the page I first noticed this was Amazon. So my ethernet I use Googles DNS.SS10.jpg

Liz

Good morning Jeff_T,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. Your site diagnostics aren't showing anything out of the ordinary, and I don't see any NOC reports indicating recent events which would've affected network performance. 

Can you please leave your modem connected and avoid reboot it? I'd like to check your state code history when these disconnects happen. In the meantime I will also escalate your case to engineering.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Jeff_T
Sophomore

Is this the info you were interested in?SS7.jpg

Liz

Hi Jeff,

Yes, thank you that's what I was looking for. I saved the pic so you may delete it (your SAN is visible) and repost it with the SAN edited out (if you want).

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.