Several errors have been popping up on my end several times this evening including codes 30.3.4 (web response time is longer than expected) and 20.2.1 (A management problem has occurred)
My latency is horrible tonight...webpages are taking considerably longer to open.
Speeds..well, there in the gutter as well. Unable to stream even the shortest of video content and even at 144p it's a no go.
Weirdest thing too...most of the speed test websites I visit to try and perform a speed test will come back with an error.
SpeedTest.net comes back with a "Latency Test Error" and cannot complete any download tests.
Openspeedtest.com comes back with a "Internet communication error" and cannot complete any download test either..
Testmy.net is coming back with with varying results anywhere from 1-7mbps, which I'm somewhat hesitant to believe given that at those speeds I should still be able to stream content at 144p. I don't believe these speed test result to be an accurate assessment of what I'm actually getting, which, in my opinion is somewhere in the kbps range.
I'm more inclinde to believe the results from the hnsspeedtest this evening, (which is one that I don't tend to have much faith in usually) Web Response Time came back with 10.7 seconds (horrible) and a download speed of 1.99mbps (which seem a little on the high end considering I'm not able to do much of anything except basic surfing)
My upload speeds..well, after 5 minutes of testing a 1MB file, I ended up closing the application as it still had not fully uploaded.
Not sure what is going on this evening...got codes being generated right, left and center..
Diagnostics isn't showing any red X marks anywhere ...
Jim is scheduled to come tomorrow morning so I'll touch base with him on this new development, but I figured I would show you too.
Still having diagnostic problems, going on 7+ hours..
Still getting steady error codes showing, the main one being 20.2.1 -- A management problem has occurred, and my diagnostic history is now showing up with problem red X's in several locations.
Downlink, Association, DNS Acceleration[N], TCP Acceleration..
11:27pm, testmy.net speed results are coming back at almost 40mbps??
That's just laughable..as I'm no where close to this fast.
HughesNet Speed test results continue to be a little more realistic at 3.46mbps & 0.43 upload although the download speed seems to register higher than what I'm currently capable of doing so I am questioning how accurate this test really is.
Spent the better part of the evening trying to get some of my CBT courses completed but I'm gonna have to call it quits and try again tomorrow.
6:45am, back to 0.0.0 state codes and green check marks all across the board.
grabbing my coffee and getting back to completing these madatory CBT courses...only 57 more courses to go, haha
Hi bare65, thanks for sharing. Haven't heard of any reports of these codes trending, but we'll investigate. Let's see if they persist after the site visit.
Jim, our installer, just left...as you know he's been our tech/installer out here in the middle of nowhere for 10+ years for both satellite internet and TV. As always his work is impeccable.
He changed both our gateway and beam..and everything looks good with the exception of the Satellite Receive Signal Strength which is currently 67.
This is considerably lower than what I typically get. Jim also pointed this out when he was on the phone with HughesNet but they don't seem too concerned about it..
Download speeds, depending on which site is used, averging around the 12 mbps range...could be just the time of day.
I'll give it a weeks or so and see how things go
thanks again for your help..will keep you updated if any problems arise.
If I am not mistaken... Hughesnet will accept very low strength in certain circumstances... You are probably edge of that other beam that the other gateway is on.
Glad to hear it, bare65! Thank you for the update. Just keep us in the loop!
I have no doubts that this is the case..Jim, our installer (same installer over 10+ years) was showing me the beams on his tablet.
There is a beam on one side of me and another beam on the other side of me, and then there is me, right in the middle of the empty space. The two beams don't intercept.
I'm also outside of the Jupiter 1 / Echostar 17 footprint so re-pointing me to this satellite is not an option...
Up until last June, I was pointed to the Spaceway 3 satellite. (using an HN9000 modem) The highest Gen 4 plan on the Spaceway 3 satellite was 10G anytime, 10G bonus...no smart browsing, and everyday speeds were 'up to' 5Mbps.
Needless to say, even with these slower speeds this past month, I feel a little spoiled since upgrading to Gen 5 last June, as this is, most certainly, a huge improvement to what I had before on the Spaceway 3 satellite.
P.s Our installer..ROCKS! I can't say enough about him and his company. (Jim is the owner)
and like I've mentioned many times in the past...between the good folks and mods here in the community, and Jim, our trusted installer..if I should ever have a problem, I know I'm in good hands. (hahaha...sounds like an Allstate commercial)
I'm finding that speedtest.net seems to be the most accurate for download speeds and testmy.net for upload speeds. I just tried that Open Speed Test, and though it works very well and my download speed results are fairly accurate, the upload speed results are a tad bit off, as it seems to be spiking and giving me to high of a result. The latency seems to be very high with that site, as well, but I don't pay too much attention to that unless I really need to.