cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Meter Issue

Honorary Alumnus

Re: Status Meter Issue

Robert,

The modem continuously communicates with the Hughes NOC.

It is referred to as "chatter". (and will make the lights "blink")

Example:

I 2nd this problem. last week I had unplugged my modem random nights and some data was missing and they showed that I was downloading alot, which obvesly I was not since it had been unplugged, so yea others have had this problem, and I could have a whole laptop full of malware and if the modem is not plugged in it would not affect data useage., while that maybe some peoples problem it is not everyones and that has to be ruled out 1st
New Poster

And I believe that it does NOT count against your data usage either.
Honorary Alumnus

I don't think that "overhead" is counted either.

The "usage" shown in the Hourly HISTORY REPORT  is "Gross Usage".

The report is useful for tracking when  activity is occurring but in many cases the entire amount is not necessarily deducted from your allowance.

For that, you need to look at the "usage meters" of which there are three:

The one in the modems SCC main page

The Download Status Meter desktop utility

And the most accurate and detailed ..this one:

Hi Robert,

I apologize for my oversight, yes, from 6:30 am to 8:00 am, your Bonus Bytes should have been used, not your Anytime Bytes. I'll send you some tokens for this inconvenience.

If this is a consistent occurrence, Status Meter screenshots along with noted times when those shots were taken would be helpful. This site illustrates how to take screenshots:  take-a-screenshot.org  If we can get screenshots showing the Anytime Bytes numbers decreasing during the Bonus Bytes period, that would make a great case for us to present to our engineers.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Your take-a-screenshot.org shows up as * 404 NOT FOUND *
Freshman

Yes, Liz that link is incorrect.  However, my browser automatically found the correct link and I will take a screenshot when needed.  Thank you.

That's odd, the link works for me... either way, it should direct to http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/
Looking forward to hearing back from you, Robert!

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->