Hughesnet Community

Status Meter and MacBookPro not compatible??

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laverne702

Status Meter and MacBookPro not compatible??

I have been trying to download the Status Meter on my MacBookPro for months. It downloads fine, but when I try to use the application, nothing happens. HELP PLEASE!!
5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

I don't know if this will help, as I don't have a Mac, but with Windows, when you click on the status meter icon on the desktop, it opens up the program to the taskbar, and you have to click on the icon in the taskbar to get it to fully open. 

This is after installation, though.   If it's not actually installing, I can't help.  Sorry. 

laverne702

Thanks for your response! Doesn't help with a Mac, but thank you for responding!
Amanda

Hi laverne,

I have to admit I am not very knowledgeable in Macs but I can ask the manager for our applications if he has any tips on what we should look for. I know for Windows you need to have Silverlight updated, so its possible something similar like that needs to be done for the Mac. I'll let you know!

Thanks
Amanda
donsjgm
Junior

Dear laverne702,

I haven't tried using the status meter for a couple of years but it didn't work on my Mac back then. I had noticed that it had been updated but I had gotten used to doing without it.
The SCC has proven more than adequate for me.
http://192.168.0.1  - or -  http://www.systemcontrolcenter.com  
Both links take you to the same place.
Idk what browser you're using but with the default Safari, running El Capitan, you can put them in favorites. In my case, I use it often enough that it shows as Frequently Visited and is only 1 click away.

Don  🙂
Amanda

Hi Laverne

So I did learn something interesting that might help! 

The current version of the Status Meter for the Mac requires you to modify the security setting on the mac in order to install the application as our application is unsigned.
Before you can install unsigned software, you have to change your security settings.

Note. Please only do this for software that you trust! Apple have taken this step to protect you the customer from rogue third party applications. We strongly recommend that you do not leave this setting off and that you only temporarily disable it to install trusted software from nice people like us!

Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen and choose System Preferences.
Next, click on Security & Privacy icon.
To edit the security settings, you must first click the padlock icon in the bottom left of the window.
You will be asked to confirm your Mac credentials, just enter them and hit Unlock.
On the following screen, you'll see the options for Allow applications downloaded from, you need to click on the Anywhere option button, once you click that you will see a confirmation window, click on Allow From Anywhere.

That's it! 

We strongly recommend that you set this option back to Mac App Store or Mac App Store and identified developers once you have finished installing the unsigned software. You can always change it back again later and it will prevent you, or someone else using your computer, from installing unsigned and potentially untrusted software.

Once installed, the user can launch the app from the applications folder.  It will appear in the menu bar.

Let me know if this works!!

Thanks
Amanda