cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Meter going Crazy, Showing Letters instead of Numbers

Status Meter going Crazy, Showing Letters instead of Numbers

Oh joy, I am back again, HughesNet community. Posting from my ATT hotspot, because your internet is once again, useless and ridiculous and doesn't connect 2/3 of the time. It also will no longer let me use HBONow because it claims my ISP is not in America. Something your non-english speaking techs on the phone couldn't fix, telling me they'd call me back in a few days. So I can't even access a service I pay for because of another service I pay for! Brilliant!

But I'm not here today for that, I'm here today because once again, your status meter is crap. 

Pray tell me, how do you expect me to trust your hughesnet status meter and the data it counts when not only does it not accurately count data when it actually shows the percentages but it shows me this: 

What fascinating percentages! Do tell me, Hughesnet HQ, what exactly is NaN%? 

If there are so many hiccups in your status meter program that it can't even show numbers where there are supposed to be numbers, how am I expected to trust your software to accurately do what it claims to do? Especially when there are countless (hundreds!) of posts on this site, going back years, about mysterious data drain and that status meters not being accurate? 

I can't re-download the status meter until you give me tokens to actually do that. According to your status meter (when it isn't displaying letter percentages instead of actual numbers) I have no data left, mysteriously! Even though I've spent a majority of this month using my ATT hotspot (that always works! Perfectly! Imagine that! I don't have to re-start my modem and router 10 times a day to get 15 minutes of solid service like I do when I use your ridiculous internet!) 

Please fix this. I work from home, I'm on a deadline, and I'm trying to fulfill my obligations. I realize that it may be a hard concept for a company who runs on false promises to understand, but I take my obligations seriously. 

Once again, I am counting down the days until September, where I am free of this company and I can file all the paperwork I've been saving with the BBB. 
17 REPLIES 17
Associate Professor

Re: Status Meter going Crazy, Showing Letters instead of Numbers

agirlinagarden,

Can you please verify your modem serial is still B3 0010067744 AA  or can you provide a recent case number?

Usually the status meter only displays this if the modem is acting up badly and it cant get your allowance information from the NOC.

Yes, that is the serial, Charles. 

If Hughesnet is creating such faulty equipment that it needs to be replaced three times in less than two years, they need to create better equipment. I was very reluctant to download the status meter on my new computer because on my last one, it caused constant problems and refused to quit, cancelling the laptop's shutdown constantly. Now I'm thinking I shouldn't have downloaded it onto this new computer. 
Associate Professor

Associate Professor

Strange... Modem is operating properly since it's showing your data allowances and remaining time.  Maybe the moderators will have an idea in the morning.

In some electronic/computer equipment, "NaN" stands for "not a number", meaning the digital bits in the register do not correspond to any number in the numeric coding system being used.

Hello agirlinagarden,

Thank you for posting images along with your concerns. This morning we forwarded your thread to developers and they are currently looking into some configuration files on your modem that may be causing this error to come up on your Status Meter. I understand you are on a deadline for work, so we do have alternatives if you need to view your usage. You can view it directly on your System Control Center (192.168.0.1) or from http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com in the meantime.

As it looks right now, I am not sure if you are still running your computer off the HughesNet modem at this time, but we do have something I think should be addressed. It appears the modem is reporting that whatever it is connected to is not responding to it in a timely manner. This will cause a disconnect and there are a few reasons this can happen:

1. The cable from the modem to the computer/router is not good
2. The computer's LAN interface card is going to sleep on its own or by request of the "hibernation" or "sleep mode" by the computer and does not "wake" back up (this means you have to reboot your computer or reinitialize your LAN card manually to get connection again)
3. If there is a router in the mix, the router's DHCP renewal settings are set to a higher delay than the modems (sometimes not the fact, I usually see the computers sleep function is the issue the majority of the time)

I know that you have had many concerns in the past and I would at least like to have the time to work through these as painlessly as possible so that the time you have with us is spent working on your projects and not on your service performance. If cancellation is your need, we can work something out immediately rather than have you wait until September, and I am willing to do my best to accommodate you.

Thank you,
Amanda

Yes, Amanda, I would like to cancel. At this point, your internet doesn't load ever and your laughable data limits aren't even comparable to what I'm offered through ATT. Please provide me with the details required to do this. 

I'd also really like an explanation as to why some hughesnet members are paying 100 dollars a month for 20 GB of service like myself and others are paying the same amount for 50 GB of service. Why were we not alerted to this option in the mail or by phone? Why was my rate not lowered automatically? WHY am I paying the same amount as someone who gets TWICE the amount of data that I do? Why was I told over and over again by your customer service people that 20GB was the limit if there was another option? I have asked about more data every time I've called and every time I've been told that the 20GB plan is the limit. 

Your company is so corrupt and double-dealing, it's astonishing.