cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Meter not working on mac X

Status Meter not working on mac X

I downloaded the status meter on my mac OS 10.9.5. It’s sitting on the applications folder - and nothing happens when I click to open it. No message, just nothing.
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Status Meter not working on mac X

Good morning Erwin,

Thanks for posting, we'd like to help address your concerns. Please uninstall the Status Meter you currently have and click here: http://my.hughesnet.com/

There you will see a link for the Mac version of the Status Meter. Click on that to download the installer file. Try re-installing the Status Meter and us know how it goes.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Assistant Professor

Also remember someone posting there is a setting in OS to allow the service to start that must be turned on.

Thanks, Liz, for answering.
I did as you suggested. The same problem, as described before, is still there.
Cordially,
Erwin E Maruna

Hi Erwin,

If you have your Application Firewall enabled, you may want to double-check to ensure the Status Meter isn't blocked: https://support.apple.com/en-is/HT201642

Is this your first time getting the Status Meter set up on your computer, or have you had it before? Just wondering if it's ever run normally on your computer. 

Any recent changes to your computer?

Can other programs launch normally?

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz,

I have Firewall enabled. Status meter is not blocked.
I tried installing it a few months ago and had the same problem.
Whatever it is, it's mindboggling.
No other programs were installed/launched recently.

Erwin

Thanks Erwin. I think we have a better shot of seeing what's up if we remote into your computer. Are you available for a free phone session this afternoon to troubleshoot your Status Meter concerns? We'll call your number on file ending in 92, unless you have different preferred number. If so, you can e-mail it to us here: communitysupport@hughes.com

Please let me know, thanks.

-Liz

Hello Liz

Thanks for replying.
Tomorrow, Tuesday, would be better for me.
Give me a time and I try to be by my computer since I have to go to a different area of our house.

Erwin

Good morning Erwin,

We're on the East Coast so if you're available early in the morning we can give you a call now. Between now until 9 AM West Coast time we can give you a call, or between 11 AM until 1 PM, just let me know.

Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz

Liz,
Now would be ok
Erwin