cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Meter

Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Status Meter

I have been trying to install the status meter to my wife's laptop.  It is an older Dell. The OS is Vista business.
I have installed/ uninstalled many times. Turned the antivirus off. Restarted the laptop.
The status meter installs but will not open.

Thank You in advance for any ideas.

Reggie
9 REPLIES 9
Assistant Professor

Re: Status Meter

Not sure if it still uses Adobe Air but could try installing it manually.  https://get.adobe.com/air/
Advanced Tutor

Thank You. I'll try it later. I will have to download both.
Associate Professor

The newer one doesn't require Air - Is the Win Vista machine fully updated?  Have you tried to install the program in administrative mode?  Have you tried running it in administrative mode after installing it?
Advanced Tutor

Charles,

Updates are current.

Can you explain administrative mode?
Associate Professor

It's a higher privilege mode in the OS, Vista UAC was very strict about some things that it really shouldn't have been and could cause more headaches than Win7+ UAC.

To run something in Administrative Mode, right click on it, then click "Run as Administrator".  This will let the program run, or attempt to run as if it was being ran inside the hidden administrator account.
Alum

Hi Reggie,

I would also try uninstalling and reinstalling in safe mode if Charles' suggestion does not work.

- Chris
Honorary Alumnus

Hi Reggie,

Rather than left click on the item, RIGHT click on it and from the pop out menu select "run as admin"

This will elevate the "privileges" as far as Vista's UAC is concerned.

The UAC in Vista was set up a little "touchy"

Advanced Tutor

I feel foolish now, my tunnel vision kick in.

Thanx for the reminder.
Advanced Tutor

I tried both options. Still does not work. I decided bookmark the SCC. Now she can help keep track of how much data we have left.

Thank everyone for the suggestions.

Reggie