cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status Monitor is a joke!

Honorary Alumnus

Re: Status Monitor is a joke!

Hi Welcome to the Community !

One of the biggest issues we have here is trying to get novice users understand the potential for leaks over the wireless portions of their network.

Junior

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Like my grandchildren playing on their phones and tablets. Lol
Freshman

I actually had a cell phone that didn't have the network password piggyback its signal off my data (either that or the kid lied and got my password somewhere - it was pretty common knowledge at the old house pre-satellite days). Anyhow, to be safe, I added MAC address filtering on top of my password. Usually overkill, but it "repaired" my data leak.

Hello, I have had Hughes net for about two years and never realized this forum was here until today. How do I find data leaks? I have the larges data plan they offer and I do not make it through the month without running out of data. We do not stream video or online game, so I am not sure how we are using the data so fast. Any suggestions would be appreciated! thanks

Good morning bntlynikki,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post, we're glad you found us! We want to address your data usage concerns. Please read the information here, it has some useful information about data usage, as well as further instructions if we're needed to investigate: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/wheres-my-bytes-how-to-test-for-data-leaks

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Junior

Many users leave their routers at default login settings while setting password security for users. Kids today are especially knowledgeable and can gain access to your network through this often overlooked, un-secured back door approach.