Status meter error/tokens

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Status meter error/tokens

I'm seeing this error when trying to access the "Purchase Tokens" area of the status meter on a Windows 10 machine. I thought I might be able to click on the green WHY NOT? but it's not a live link.  Anyone else having the same problem?

restoretokenserror.PNG

29 REPLIES 29
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I don't get that, but I can't purchase any tokens, I can only use a few of the free 500MB ones that I already have on my account.  I would assume if I didn't have those, that I would get an error...

I think this is due to us soon having new tokens available. https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/myAccount-and-Billing/Token-Prices/m-p/73264

EDIT: Just looked, new tokens are available on the website at MyAccount > Usage > Buy Tokens.
25GB for only $75, or 3GB for $9.00

maratsade

I noticed the new tokens ($3 a token -- don't remember how much it was before) on the iPhone app, and right now I checked the account like you mentioned, @C0RR0SIVE, and yes, there they are.  I imagine at some point they will show on the meter as well, or is that changing? I haven't gotten any prompts to download a new meter.

I have 25 gigs' worth of tokens saved up for emergencies, but I often click on things on the meter to see whether they're still working, and that's how I found the error. 

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Shouldn't need a new meter for the new token packages, I just think they haven't finished with website updates, as the meter pulls most everything it displays from the modem, and various hughes systems.

GabeU

Getting the same thing, though I'm sure they're just having a few glitches due to the Gen5 rollout.  

With that said, I've never purchased tokens, but if I ever do I will do it through the site, not the meter, even if the token part of the meter is working properly.  

Capture.JPG

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Same error here.

maratsade

Thanks for the answers! Given that others see the same thing, I agree it must be due to Gen5 and website issues. I'm sure the tokens area will be restored eventually.

Even in the past I would sometimes have issues getting connected to the Token Page from the Download Status Meter. I currently am getting the same error as all of you.

When that happened I usually could still access the Token Page by using the "buy tokens" button on the myAccount Usage Meter.

Doing so shows the following options:

Token Purchase.PNG

I see the prices have changed. This is a screenshot of the old prices and options:

Token available snip.PNG

tokens.JPG

You will retain your free and prepaid tokens in the event of an upgrade.

Be advised that in the free token category that 6 is the maximum that can be stored in the 'available' category. I suggest that you, one at a time, click the USE button so that the value of the Token is then added to your Token Bytes data bucket. In your present state any further free tokens you might have received will simply fall off.

Post 8 snip.png

Post 9 snip.png

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Any idea when this might be fixed?

tokens meter.JPG

Hi BirdDog, 

Thank you for this screenshot and reporting that this is happening. We'll investigate further.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I'll frequently  get that when using the download status meter but never from the myAccount  meter.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

@Gwalk900 wrote:

I'll frequently  get that when using the download status meter but never from the myAccount  meter.

Yes, it is the Status Meter, I always get the error there after all the changes. The myAccount link works.

Thanks for indicating this is only happening on the downloaded Status Meter. Can you please let me know which version you're running? And you're on Win 10, yes?

I checked on our Win 10 in the lab and I'm not getting a similar message, so I'll let our devs know of this as well.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU

Same thing for me.  Using version 6.6.0.  Windows 10 Pro 64bit.

Edit:  Laptop, also with Windows 10 Pro 64bit and Status Meter version 6.6.0, doing the same thing.

2nd Edit:  Notebook, with Windows 8.1 64 bit and Status Meter verison 6.6.0, doing the same thing.

All three saying "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR".  

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Meter version 6.6 and Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit here. Been an issue at least since @maratsade first posted it.

Noticed mine says "Internal Server Error" versus a general error like martasade posted.

maratsade

@BirdDog wrote:

Meter version 6.6 and Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit here. Been an issue at least since @maratsade first posted it.

Noticed mine says "Internal Server Error" versus a general error like martasade posted.

My meter no longer shows the error, woot!

tokens.PNG

GabeU

Instead of the error mine now shows absoutely nothing.  LOL.

I restarted it, but to no avail.  Getting Gen5 installed some time this morning, so maybe after that it will be okay.  

Capture.JPG

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

LOL, mine is now blank like Gabe's so they've done something.

maratsade

@BirdDog wrote:

LOL, mine is now blank like Gabe's so they've done something.

Cleaned up the error.  Smiley LOL