Status meter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Status meter

Recieved a modem update this morning. Since then the status meter says modem not found. This is on my Win7 computer. The status meter is the old version. All other updates are current. I'm hoping someone on Gen4 knows a fix.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
17 REPLIES 17
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

I was wrong. The new meter does not work. It worked for one day then quit. I have uninstalled & reinstalled too many times to count.

The old status meter work until the modem update. Any suggestions?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Reggie

What is the version of the meter that you are presently trying to use that is not working?

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

I just tried to download and install the newest one 6.6.1. It says Javascript error. I hope this helps.Java error.PNG

GabeU

@Reggie

That's actually an error that a few of us have seen before.  It, along with a solution, is discussed here.... https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Usage-meter-javascript-error/m-p/74827/highlight/tru...

Concentrate on Corrosive's solution (the link should open on his reply), as the accepted solution has some unnecessary steps.  

FINALLY!!  Yes, Corrosive's solution worked for me; I haven't had the meter for MONTHS now and contacting HughesNet several time was useless.  They couldn't figue it out, but I did was Corrosive said to do and I finally have the meter back, many thanks.

Delete the folder C:\Users\Reggie\AppData\Roaming\HughesNet Usage Meter\ and restart. Somethings corrupting the .conf file.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Reggie
Teaching Assistant

I tried everything, even istalling an old version. Nothing helped. Could this problem be because my computer is an older x32 win7?

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Thank You. It worked.

Where did you find an older version of the Status Meter? I have a 32 bit machine that I'm not hot on updating just yet and after deleting my current copy I discovered that the only versions available are 6.X. I'd greately appreciate a link.

@Reggie wrote:

I tried everything, even istalling an old version. Nothing helped. Could this problem be because my computer is an older x32 win7?

GabeU

@dfbeck

I have versions 6.5.2, 6.5.3 and 6.6.0 at dropbox.  Let me know if you want one of them and I'll post a link. 

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@GabeU wrote:

@dfbeck

I have versions 6.5.2, 6.5.3 and 6.6.0 at dropbox.  Let me know if you want one of them and I'll post a link. 

Gabe

Have you tried any of the old versions with the new modem update?

Reggie

GabeU

@Reggie

Version 6.5.2 shows the green/blue ring and the amount of data in the taskbar, but nothing when you open it.  Blank screen.  No Video Data Saver.  No Usage History.  

Version 6.5.3 works in every way, save for no tokens showing when clicking on Purchase Tokens and no Video Data Saver tab.  I like the percentage bars at the bottom. 

Version 6.6.0 works in every way, save for no tokens showing when clciking on Purchase Tokens.  Video data saver tab IS there and it works.  Percentage bars gone. 

This is with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. 

Was there an update to the modem software/firmware last night, 9/21? I can understand lossing the status meter on my XP machine but it also quit working on a Win 10 Pro 64bit. I went to the  System Control center and it looks quite different. I am not very familiar with Win 10 but I figured I could just delete the non-working meter and download the 6.5 which presents the option to upgrade to 6.6 which I did. I let it make changes and placed the short cut on the task bar. When it's clicked, I get the "Do you want to allow this app..." warning. It then goes to 'Installing' screen and a notice the the meter is already running. Close the running one to continue install. When complete I click finish which launches the meter and presents a graphic telling me an update is available from 6.5 to 6.6 and the whole process starts again. I know I'm not going to exceed my data this evening so I'm quiting on it for the  night. I'll look in tomorrow to see if there's any advice. This is kinda why I'm still using a machine with XP. I know it! Thanks.

PS. I've read the the other threads that have solutions in them and I'll try them tomorrow so it's not necessary to repeat the fixes. thanks.

Yes, I tried all versions of 6.X and I even found a site that had all the versions back to 2.X but since the download none of those will work but thank you for the offer. I'll have to try to get 6.6 to work on my Win 10 machine. That's not cooperating.