cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status meter

Sally Thomas

Re: Status meter

Lighten up, cool. OK?  If you take someone's venting as literal, then perhaps you are they type who cruises other forums and reports people who make comments you don't approve of or interpret to mean something you "feel" they mean? Give me a break, ok?
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Funny, I have NEVER had a download interrupted by simply opening a 2nd tab to open the SCC or even opening a 2nd Chrome browser window, but thats just me. There were some things I liked about the old status meter like the fact you could set it to add a token automatically when your anytime data ran out but with the addition of the token bucket you really dont need that feature, now you can just add a few tokens to the token bucket and dont worry about it. And I also dont like how the meter turns RED when your running on token bytes and a lot of customers have complained about that also, I dont have a problem with people "venting" thats your right I was only offering an option to see your tokens other than the status meter which if you make a shortcut to the SCC its only a simple click to see it just like the status meter. so since your not needing or looking for actual help I bow out, have a great day, and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 
Sally Thomas

Warren, since you say "many" of your customers like the new crappy meter, then I take it to mean that's the bottom line and no one cares that there are possibly "many" more who do not and possibly for the same reasons I outlined? Hmmm, perhaps a poll of actual users would bring us a more accurate picture?
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Hey I was done yesterday but you just keep commenting to me, vent all you want
Sally Thomas

You hang up...no YOU hang up...no YOU hang up, no YOU hang up.......GROW UP, CHARLIE, ok? LOL
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

The meter does it's job as intended and provides all the information one needs, it is on the user if they fail to pay attention to the meter for three seconds.
Sally Thomas

Got it. Thanks for your input and understanding.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Sally,

I know we have spoke of this before but, there is more than one way to access Tokens.

It seems the method through the Download Status Meter just doesn't give you the info you need.

Instead I suggest you use this alternate method:

Go here:http://my.hughesnet.com/

From this meter note the amount of data in your "Token Bucket":

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Or simply the one at 192.168.0.1, it shows everything too, although rounded off. I will say though, have to give the the system a few minutes to register new token bytes used and applied to the available meter. The key being patience if unsure a token got applied to the available bucket. 
Sally Thomas

The old meter allowed for one to check the box that stated to add available token (s) automatically if/when bandwidth ran out, thus it prevented the need to constantly monitor the meter and worry if your token would take effect and thus not interrupt or disrupt the download in progress...and not have to log in, purchase a token and wait to see if it took effect (or if you blinked and missed the flashed message telling you it was added). All of this new process makes the meter and the token process not as user-friendly as the prior one was.  I stand by complaints about the defects in this new process/meter and would love to tell the "pimple-faced nerd" that designed it to his face how I feel. I hope that does not further offend certain "champions" here.