cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status meter

Sally Thomas

Re: Status meter

Yeah, patience is in short supply when dealing with a total re-format etc. Ever get that never-ending loop called "automatic repair" that commences when you turn on your pc/laptop and never lets you out of it's pull?  Try it sometime. No getting into the workings of your pc to access menu/programs/start menu...nothing but lose it all and reformat. Cuts into your supply of patience a whole lot. When this happens 3 days short of refill bandwidth by Hughesnet and you have spent all month being frugal to make bandwidth allowance stretch until refill?  Yeah, that's when the nasty new status meter and it's tricks make you crazy and short on patience.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

For some reason only a small portion of my reply posted.

However, I think the point has become rather moot.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sally, I guess we may be talking past each other because as long as there are bytes in the "Token Bytes Available" then they will apply automatically when Anytime bytes reach zero. Really no need for an apply automatically check box. You just put them in the bucket (use) ahead of time and they are there. Guess I'm having a hard time seeing the difficulty with that.
Is a bummer about your restart loop, that is not fun.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I also think she may be referring to the Pre-Token Bucket era.

Just look at the confusion over having three data sources

Sally Thomas

It would have been helpful if Hughesnet had bothered to provide us with information AHEAD OF TIME just what the new status meter would do and how do use it. I was unaware/uninformed about the method the new status meter would use to activate available tokens. This was also a complaint by others on the forum if you recall. Now that I know that, it's one less worry.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Well, you definitely aren't the only one who's been confused by the new way things work. They did not educate people very well, really not at all unless they come here for answers.
Sally Thomas

Yes, logging in to the hughesnet site would be another method of trying to obtain information (that was readily all in one spot with old meter), however more often than not the hughesnet website does not work....cannot log in, etc.  Tried to log in the other day to get into "billing" and was unable to do so all day. Finally had to phone and talk to a real person just to accomplish what should have been easily done by logging into my account. So I prefer to avoid further frustration by avoiding myhughesnet.com as much as possible.
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

No I refuse to grow up, lol what your overlooking is the fact that the status meter if a free tool offered by hughes net if you dont like it the simply dont use it, you can access the same info through the modem by typing 192.168.0.1 into your browser and save the link then its a 1 click process from your browser window.  but I will never grow up, lol 
Sally Thomas

Can't say I blame you for not wanting to "grow up"...it's a nasty world out there sometimes. As for typing the address into the browser, I till try that route as opposed to trying to log into Hughesnet website which most of the time is not functional...something I don't need to deal with while dealing with computer issues.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor