cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Status meter

MaryEllen McMan

Re: Status meter

We've had HughesNet for 2 years now, and we're ready to unload it...Verizon was a ripoff, but these people are much MUCH worse!
MaryEllen McMan

Agree! And, when we get charged almost $200/month when "viruses" invade our favorite websites/steal our time on the net (which hasn't changed during the past 2 years) and forces us to "buy more tokens" --- I say there is collusion going on here, especially when the so-called 'security' services don't pick up on what is really going on here.
MaryEllen McMan

Hubby had the same problem...these "people" are insufferable, arrogant, and siphoning our bank accounts with their scamming us!
MaryEllen McMan

Charles, We have been forced to "upgrade" to 20 from 10, every month, but the so-called status meter never registers the tokens we've had to purchase! There has been NO differences in our time on the internet nor what sites we visit, only that we are paying 2X what we paid for during the 1st 18 months (and we were happy then) with HN -- Forgive me if I'm VENTING but  WE are MAD consumers!!!!!
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

I know what you mean, I had to do the full system restore about 6 months ago plus all the stinking updates and then having to reload all the programs that on my system, my total was a little over 8GB thats a hit no one should ever have to endure, after that happened I broke down and bought an external 2 TB hard drive on clearance at walmart and made a full image backup of my hard drive in my laptop so now when I crash and burn I can restore everything back just like it is now in a half a hour and no data hit but I can understand your frustration and hope you never have to do it again.
Sally Thomas

The weird thing was that my son turned on his laptop (nothing showing up as a problem upon shutdown the day before) a screen came up saying "preparing windows  auto-repair...." and stayed in a constant loop that would not proceed or actually "repair" whatever it thought needed repair. He had me searching on the web to try to find a solution to get out of the loop and all suggestions started with getting into command prompt...well, Windows 8 was not having any of that nonsense, so long story short....it ended up having to do a total system restore, then upgrade to 8.1 which is a vast improvement. But. many hours and many MB/GB later, all is well. The files on the external drive are still intact, but everything else is gone....which is not a big deal. Just the time involved and bandwidth eaten up and purchased.  I still have 1.3G left from what I purchased and will lose it all when refill time comes around in 4 hours. That sucks. Should be a way to bank that purchase and be able to access it next time a disaster hits.  Oh well.....
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sally, if you are talking 1.3GB in your token bytes available bucket, it carries over. Don't lose any tokens you haven't used yet either.
Sally Thomas

Really? Do you mean to say that the 1.3GB still left after having to purchase tokens yesterday will not just go away when renewal of my bandwidth comes at midnight tonight? How do I check that to see if it's still available? I am not talking about tokens still available, I am talking about bandwidth added by purchasing tokens.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Yes, the Token Bytes Availabe at the bottom of all the meters will remain. Easy to verify, look what you have just before refill then what you have right after, or the next morning. No sense staying up till midnight if you don't need to.  Smiley Happy
CharlesMcCool
New Poster

Sally sgoshe is correct your token bytes roll over and unless they are used the will remain forever, I have had the same ones in my meter for almost 8 months and use a few every month or two