cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still have issues with speed and connection.

Highlighted
New Poster

Still have issues with speed and connection.

I am still having issue with speed and connections. I was told when I signed up with Hughes that this would be perfect for me to video chat with my girlfriend in Hong Kong. I am mostly on after midnight eastern time with her and the calls lag or the video quality is poor. I can have only one device connected to the system and if I try to watch a movie it constantly buffers. If I have more than one device connected it slows everything down dramatically. I switch back to my cellular system and things change for the better. I have a very busy schedule and can't run all the speed test hughesnet wants. Some days are worse than others. I am considering paying the early termination fee and dropping the system completely. I am not getting what I was promised. I am not happy, cheaper to pay the termination fee than pay for a service I was promised and not given
6 REPLIES
Professor

Re: Still have issues with speed and connection.

@ssmith1115

You never replied to your original thread.  Please perform the speed tests asked in your original thread...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Slow-speeds-and-constant-buffering/m-p/95138

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

I will try it again. I am sure it will show no problem, but I will follow through with it. Don't know if I will remember or have time to run it various times of the day or night as requested. But will do my best
Professor

@ssmith1115

The speed tests will help to demonstrate not only what could be the problem, but also where the problem may lie, by process of elimination, if it shows that the speeds are decent.  Kind of a kill two birds with one stone thing.  

If you can't get them at various times of the day that's okay.  Just when you can.  Smiley Happy 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

How many test do you need? Still having issues.

Hi ssmith1115, 

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Wednesday, May 23, 2018 between 08:00 and 11:00 am. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #112574246 if you need to reschedule. Please let us know how the site visit goes.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Professor

@ssmith1115 wrote:
How many test do you need? Still having issues.

Well, evidently Liz saw something she didn't like, so none now. 

Hope your site visit goes well.  Smiley Happy