cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still having performance and data issues, previous topic locked

Sophomore

Re: Still having performance and data issues, previous topic locked

There is a lot more going on than "ping issues", including modem logs showing errors and speeds barely 50% rated. HughesNet employees are aware of the issue and have been speaking with me via phone (not Amanda, but others, presumaly lower level employees because they don't know who Amanda is), but have not provided any update in going on 3 weeks despite promises to both keep me informed and to solve the issues. There's something very serious going on within the HughesNet system, and as it's been ruled out that there is no problem on my end, it is something HugesNet is going to have to solve. This is why I only wish to have replies from HughesNet employees, as there is no problem on my end, nothing I can do will have any effect, and I'm hoping it gets moved up enough so that senior engineers are the ones contacting me so this problem can be resolved.

5.PNGCapture.PNG

Professor

No worries, Matthew.    

These questions are just curiosity on my part:

* Are you still under contract?

* Isn't Guild Wars 2 the type of game that satellite internet isn't suited for? 

@mrmaples wrote:

Don't take this the wrong way, but I only wish to have replies from HughesNet employees. I am getting extremely fed up with paying $85 a month for faulty service. If there's no problem from my modem to the HughesNet ground station, but there is a problem between there and completely functional servers, such as AWS servers, then I am being punished for an issue that is no fault of my own. I am entitled to receive error free service like everyone else, or entitled to compensation for services which cannot be provided.

Highlighted
Sophomore

1) No, I'm out of contract as of about 3 years ago, but HughesNet is the only real service available in my area as Viasat is so overloaded I would be limited to the old plans of 25GB, 12mbps, and $75 a month, both slower and more expensive, and it still requires dealing with the worst company in the known universe, AT&T as well as signing a two year contract.

2) Technically no, but in a properly functioning setup, such as the first couple of years I had Gen 4 until the first round of issues I had, then the first year or so of Gen5 until these problems started, latency is held in a range of 675-750ms, which is both predictable and manageable. Not ideal no, but it's not a "hardcore FPS" or any of that garbage, it's casual. With the problems I have now, as far as that game goes, I am also getting lag spikes both random and unpredictable ranging from 30 seconds to 3 minutes, which is in addition to the other problems it causes, such as interrupting downloads, kicking me off IMs like Skype, and just generally being much slower, as the speed test shows.

Sophomore

And now I feel like I'm being punished...

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

Assistant Professor

Might help if you ran the tests like they request. Separate download and upload with 25MB download size and 6MB upload. Even if it takes longer that is what they want for their baseline standard tests. Do it or don't, your choice.

Sophomore

They have not requested I run any tests at all.

As I said before, HughesNet has ruled out any issue on my end, and I only wish to have replies from HughesNet employees, so please refrain from posting in this thread. This is a long term issue with multiple previous contacts to HughesNet employees via phone as well as private messages.

Sophomore

I see HughesNet is admitting there's a problem with some customers. Wouldn't it be interesting if it's been the problem I've been having all this time? Would be nice if it were finally fixed...

1.PNGD2.PNGU2.PNG

Sophomore

I didn't want to do this, but with no response from HughesNet employees since November 27th, all of my equipment having been replaced to rule out any issues on my end, and the problem continuing to occur on a daily basis, I can only assume that no effort is being made by HughesNet engineers to correct this issue, and I am left with no alternative. All I want is the same as everyone else, a fully functional, error free service I am paying $86.38 a month for.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG 

Distinguished Professor II

nt

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Sophomore

What I'm hoping is that certian levels of the ladder aren't actually aware of the issue and they'll go nuts when they see it for the first time. Viasat dropped down to their tiny services in my area so they're not really an option YET, all I can get is

Capture.PNG

which isn't anything near...first world levels. All the surrounding zip codes can get the new generation packages

Capture 2.PNG

which gets 35GB of priority data in their base package (I pay $69.99 for the 20GB pacakge, so 1¢ more for 15GB more data is very appealing), so until my area can get those pacakges back (they dropped quickly after Viasat reopened installations back in my area due to high demand), Hughesnet is the only option, since cell signal is too weak at my house to use it as my internet, though I'd have to sign a new contract.