cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting...

Still waiting...

I live in a remote "NO PHONE" area. After several months I went downlake October 15 and could not access my Hughes email because I password would not work. I called 866-0347-3292 and the gal who asked was very helpful on the surface (I spent half of the 45 minute call on hold) but in the end had to have "tech support" call me to help with the password change. They could not deal with it right then as they had SO many other calls so they would call me back.  I waited and waited and waited and am still waiting...WAIT...now I am back in my remote "NO PHONE" home and still do not have my new password because the "tech support" people didn't bother to call me back. Not a problem at my home because the email comes in to my Outlook place but next time I go out I'll still not be able to access my email on my i-pad. With the gal who answered the phone I jumped through the hoops and she had to talk with my husband to get an OK for me changing my password then STILL it had to go through the "tech support" folks who didn't get back to me. Frustrated and not happy in my remote "NO PHONE" area. Did I mention that when I was last out in April I was able to access my email account on my i-pad so I did nothing to cause this problem but STILL my password did not work. Didn't work on my husbands computer either so not an i-pad problem.
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Still waiting...

Have you tried logging into the Customer Care page with your customer account and password and then changing your email password from there?

It would be worth a try and only take a couple minutes if it works.

Follow the instructions here.

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/how_do_i_change_my_email_password-ky02o

Assistant Professor

Rene, will be Monday before the reps are back here. Have you tried the chat support?

I didn't try chat today as I am still exasperated that using the phone was such a waste. I will try Ron's suggestion again tomorrow. I did try it before making the call so really don't have much hope but will try again since next time I go out I'd like to open my email from downlake. It is nice it is still coming in to my home computer though. So guess that is something. thanks for your help!
Alum

Hello Rene,

Thanks for the post. Please let us know if you were able to reset your password. If not, we can definitely help you here.

- Warren