Stopped receiving email notifications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Stopped receiving email notifications

I stopped receiving community notifications  to HN Webmail -- looks like the last day I received them was July 26.  I haven't changed my settings, so wondering what's going on. Could someone have a look? Cheers!

48 REPLIES 48
Remy

maratsade,

Interesting! Thank you for the information, I'll get this forwarded up to our email admins for them to take a look into. I'll be back with you whenever I get an update!

Thanks,

Remy

Remy

maratsade,

Really quickly, before I get this sent up, are you able to receive emails at all with the HN Webmail account? Or is it just an issue with the Community notifications?

Thanks,

Remy

maratsade

I only use Webmail for notifications, but I'll test it -- hang on, give me a few minutes. 

maratsade

I sent an email from a different email account to my Webmail account and it went through just fine. Seems to be only notifications. 

@Remy wrote:

maratsade,

Really quickly, before I get this sent up, are you able to receive emails at all with the HN Webmail account? Or is it just an issue with the Community notifications?

Thanks,

Remy

GabeU

My notifications will sometimes not make it either, though mine's more intermittent than what you're describing.  

maratsade

I don't normally check unless I'm deleting emails, and today I noticed the last notification was dated 26 July. Weird, since emails seem to work. 

maratsade

Reaching out to see if there's been any movement on this issue. I still haven't received any notifications since 7/26/20 (I can receive emails).

@Remy , @Liz 

Remy wrote:

maratsade,

Thanks,

Remy

maratsade,

I'll look into it for you! I'll be back with you when I find out if we have an update. I haven't seen one, but I may have overlooked it. Sorry about the delay!

Thanks,

Remy

maratsade

Thanks, Remy. 🙂   Not a giant deal, but I miss the notifications now that they're gone. XD

@Remy wrote:

maratsade,

I'll look into it for you! I'll be back with you when I find out if we have an update. I haven't seen one, but I may have overlooked it. Sorry about the delay!

Thanks,

Remy

maratsade,

Don't know what you have til' it's gone, right? Lol!

Just to check, have you looked into your junk/spam folder to see if they somehow ended up there? They're not seeing what would be wrong, and want to make sure it's not there before we proceed.

Thanks,

Remy

maratsade

LOL! You might be dating yourself, @Remy , but you're right!

https://youtu.be/xWwUJH70ubM

And no, the notifications aren't in the spam folder. Seems I have broken Webmail. 

I want mine to stop... lol

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@MarkJFine wrote:

I want mine to stop... lol

Not only will you now get this reply notification, I'm going to edit this reply on the hour, EVERY HOUR, for 42 days, so you keep getting them!  LOL.

J/K!  

Or am I?

Laugh.jpg

maratsade,

It took a little while to get a response, but according to our engineers, they believe they have the problem fixed. Please let me know if you're able to receive notifications now!

Thanks,

Remy

maratsade

Hi Remy,

I should've received a notification in Webmail about your post as soon as you posted it (they used to be instantaneous), but I did not, so I think it's still broken.  My last notification from HughesNet Community Mailer is still dated July 26. 

maratsade

@Remy

I've been getting test emails from Zimbra and others, and those work, but emails never stopped working.  What doesn't work is community notifications for kudos, replies to posts I'm subscribed to, and notices of PMs. 

GabeU

@maratsade 

You may have already done this, but just in case, have you checked the settings regarding the notifications, or even tried toggling them, as in turning them off, saving your settings, then turning them back on and saving your settings again?  

Just in case it may help, these are my settings (two snapshots)...

Settings1.JPG

Settings2.JPG

maratsade

I checked them and also reset them, but it didn't make a difference...

@GabeU wrote:

You may have already done this, but just in case, have you checked the settings regarding the notifications, or even tried toggling them, as in turning them off, saving your settings, then turning them back on and saving your settings again?  

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

I checked them and also reset them, but it didn't make a difference... 

Bummer.  😞 

It was worth a try.

GabeU

@maratsade 

I think I jinxed myself.  Now I'm not receiving reply notifications either.  The last one I received was from 10:14AM this morning.  There have been a few replies since then, which I didn not receive. 

And here's something REALLY interesting. Though I also received a reply notification from 8:25AM this morning, the 8:25AM notification is the last one shown in my hughes.net email.  I forward my hughes.net emails to my MSN email.  How I got a reply notification from 10:14AM forwarded to my MSN email when it's not even showing in my hughes.net email is beyond me.  It's like it triggered my hughes.net email just enough to have it forwarded to my MSN address, but not actually leave the message at hughes.net.  Really weird.

MSN email...

MSN.JPG

hughes.net email...

Hughes.JPG

But again, nothing since then.  I should have had three more, including one from about an hour ago.  

Don't worry, if it keeps going on I'll start my own topic, but I just thought it was interesting that this was now happening with me too.