Stopped receiving email notifications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Stopped receiving email notifications

I stopped receiving community notifications  to HN Webmail -- looks like the last day I received them was July 26.  I haven't changed my settings, so wondering what's going on. Could someone have a look? Cheers!

48 REPLIES 48
maratsade

Sorry to hear that, @GabeU .  I hope it's a only temporary glitch for you. 

I had gotten two test emails from Zimbra but I never saw them in Webmail, just in the account I get Webmail forwarded to.  Other test emails that were sent from Webmail to Webmail got forwarded without a problem. And I'd like to say it's a bit creepy to see that techs are getting into my Webmail and sending emails.  The power of the back door, I guess. Eeek.  😮

GabeU

@maratsade 

I successfully sent a couple of emails to my hughes.net email, so I know it's still working, or at least for that kind of thing, but sure enough, there were thirteen Community notifications I should have gotten today, but didn't.  

maratsade

Well, that stinks. I haven't gotten a single community notification since 7/26.

maratsade,

Very interesting. I'll send this info up, thank you for the update!

Thanks,

Remy

maratsade

@Liz , This is happening again, with a twist: I stopped getting notifications here in the community.  The last one was 2 hours ago. After that notification, there were two other events (one kudo, one mention), that didn't trigger a notification in the notifications feed (https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notificationfeed/page).

Hmmm interesting. Has my reply triggered a notification?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

Nope.  

@Liz wrote:

Hmmm interesting. Has my reply triggered a notification?

-Liz

I'd double check your Notification Settings to makes sure everything looks good there.

Click your community icon>My Settings>Subscriptions and Notifications>Notification Settings

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

Everything looks good there. 

2020-10-20_15-14-29.png

@Liz wrote:

I'd double check your Notification Settings to makes sure everything looks good there.

Click your community icon>My Settings>Subscriptions and Notifications>Notification Settings

-Liz

GabeU

Starting about four hours ago, I not only stopped receiving Community email notifications, but the notifications in the Community itself as well.  There have been at least ten replies in topics I am involved in, and I received nothing about them.  

The last email notification was from a reply at 11:20AM EST, and the last Community notification was from a reply at 12:44PME EST, and from the same topic.  There have been a number of replies since, but no notifications of either type.  

I do still receive notifications of Community private messages, both in email form and in the Community, or I at least did for the one I received from maratsade about him noticing the same issues.

maratsade

Ditto for me. 

**I think our topics should be merged, since it's the same issue. @Liz 

Okie dokie folks, I'll go ahead and escalate this to see what's going on. I'll let you know if I need any other details. Thanks for letting me know!

-Liz

Might just be a delay in the system, or someone just uncorked it. I just got a notification for something that happened 2 hours ago.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Ditto, for stuff that happened 5 hours ago.

GabeU

Well, on the Community itself I got two notifications within the last twenty five minutes, though they were both related to things from five hours ago.  However, I got an email notification about only one of those two things.  🤣

Edit:  About two seconds before I clicked "post" for this reply another notification from five hours ago showed up.  However, this one neither give me a red number on the notification icon, nor an email.  What it DID give me was that little message on the lower right that fades away after a few seconds.  It just gets crazier.  LOL.  

I did notice that there have been other replies that I've not yet gotten notifications from, so I wonder if I'll occasionally get some variation from each one throughout the evening and night.  🤪

maratsade

Curiouser and curiouser....

These delays happen. I know that I have to prime my qmail routing script with a test email every time I update it with new spam keywords. If something's been received while it's updating, it clogs up the mail queue. Sending a test email to myself unclogs it for some reason. 🤷🏻‍♂️

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

Do you think the notifications system within the community got clogged somehow?

It's quite possible.

maratsade

The community needs a plumber. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

It's quite possible.

It's a me!

-Liz