cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopping unauthorized devices

Highlighted
New Poster

Stopping unauthorized devices

Hello, im new here. i know there is a way to stop unauthorized devices from logging on even after you changed the wi fi password.  could someone help me here, please?

5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Professor I

Re: Stopping unauthorized devices

Would this post (even though it refers to one specific device) answer your question? 

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HT2000-Block-Individual-Devices/m-p/101426/highlight...

Hopefully someone with more knowledge will reply to you. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Distinguished Professor IV

@Pawkiki 

Just for clarity, with "unauthorized devices" are you referring to devices in your home, like people trying to connect devices to your HughesNet WiFi when they aren't supposed to, or are you referring to someone hacking into your system via WiFi, like a nearby neighbor or a car on the street?

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

People in my home... did I not use the right term??

Distinguished Professor I

That's the way I understood it, but Gabe was right to make sure we were clear about what you meant.  

Pawkiki wrote:

Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

That's the way I understood it, but Gabe was right to make sure we were clear about what you meant.  

Pawkiki wrote:

Yep. Just making sure.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit