cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Straight up lied to......

Straight up lied to......

I told the sales rep that I was a Gamer and asked if the service was going to be good for this, she said I would have no problems. Again I asked a few times and was told I would have no problems. So I got the 50 anytime and 50 bonus.. With the new game we got I burnt up 50 gigs in 2 days so I called c.s. and I told him what I was told.. He tells me that satellite wasn't recommend for gaming.. I was told to change my lifestyle... So going to find a way out....
13 REPLIES 13
Assistant Professor

Re: Straight up lied to......

You have 30 days to cancel, sounds like you will never be satisfied with satellite especially if you burnt through 50 GB in two days.

Do you have a cable alternative? If so, never should have gone with satellite in the first place.
Honorary Alumnus

Post a case number or the serial number from the rear or bottom of your modem so the Mods can locate your account and pull up the recording of your sales call to see if you were properly notified of the systems limits or were mislead in some manner.

In the country no cable, well past 30 days.
Assistant Professor

Then as Gwalk said below.

B3 0010782998 AP
Model HT1100
Alum

Hi matt454ss,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting with your serial number. I'll go ahead and inquire about your sales call to see what we can do for you. Once I have more information I will let you know.

Thank you,
Chris

Hope to hear from you soon.. Thank you

Figured.... Didn't expect to hear from you... It doesn't take damn near 2 days to listen to a recording..
Junior

matt,

idk what kind of/how serious of a gamer you are but due to latency inherent with satellite internet, interactive gaming is not a reality. Additionally, if you download games (rather than purchase them and load to your computer via some other means) the data allowances are far from adequate for what the mid-stream gamer expects.
If this is your expectation satellite internet is not for you.