Stuck in software updating

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Debbie3
Sophomore

Stuck in software updating

First noticed my modem was in degraded state-been that way for weeks. I reset the web acceleration, it goes operational for just a bit. Have done reboots, nothing solved. Explored and see that the software says updating, does not change from that. I have HT1100 modem, a Nighthawk router.

11 REPLIES 11
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The updating message does not change at all, even after a few hours/days?

Debbie3
Sophomore

No, it stays that way all the time. Software updating. Have a highlighted message to reboot the modem. Have done that tons of times, both from webpage and wall socket. I can use a page for a few minutes, then it goes into state code 30.1, I think, it says web acceleration down. I have reset the MBX, will fix it, have toggled the enabled/disabled, it will fix it, but only for a brief time..minutes at best.

Actually, to be accurate, don't think it fixes the software updating, just the web acceleration problem. Suppose this is 2 issues going on.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I'm not sure if this applies to your modem, but they have disabled web acceleration.  I hope @Liz can look at this for you and see if something is wrong with your modem. 

Thank you, could be that is it. My modem is old as dirt, but I don't want a new one. Have no confidence I can change out myself😁

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for posting and sharing what you've tried so far. I want to be sure I understand what the issue is, your web browsing gets interrupted? You stated you "can use a page for a few minutes" and then what happens exactly? The state codes are only viewable when you actively go to the System Control Center to check.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

No, I don't get the page interrupted, it slows down a bit and I check the state code page page. It has changed to the 30.1.1 status again.

Thanks for the additional details. So there's no error message, just a noticeable slowdown in browsing, correct? Your system diagnostics show that the system is working normally- no errors. You are using an old modem and short of suggesting that you upgrade your service, I would at least want to send you the latest modem, our HT2000w. The HT2000w is more effective than the HT1100 and will likely improve performance. 

Would you like me to send you a new modem? We wouldn't even need you to return the HT1100.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Debbie3
Sophomore

Debbie3_0-1649092094251.png

Debbie3_1-1649092103049.png

This is highlighted in green on my reboot statistics page? Only one that looks that way?

Debbie3
Sophomore

No thank you, not at this time Liz.

Alright thanks for letting me know.

-Liz