Stuck pointing, router needs activation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tpaynter1
Sophomore

Stuck pointing, router needs activation

My internet is stuck pointing and won't go any further. I have no internet for 3 days now. And the home screen says my installer needs to activate my modem but I don't have a modem. Please help I have to work home. I can connect to the WiFi but no internet. 3 lights are one. Power, lan, WiFi 

7 REPLIES 7
Tpaynter1
Sophomore

Correction I don't have a new modem. 

Tpaynter1,

I see it's your first post here, welcome to the Community! I was able to pull up your account, and from what I'm seeing, you scheduled a technician to come out with our tech support agent yesterday. Please let us know how this visit goes and if it solves the issue you've been having!

Thanks,

Remy

I was hoping to get help sooner than that as I'm going to miss 3 day of work that way. Which is not a very satisfactory response.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Your fist post was 2 hours ago and you called yesterday to schedule a tech. How much sooner did you expect help?

Tpaynter1 wrote:

I was hoping to get help sooner than that as I'm going to miss 3 day of work that way. Which is not a very satisfactory response.

Something that doesn't involve 3 days of lost wages as I'm now unable to work due to no internet. I also spent well over 4 hours on chat and the phone with someone who wasted my time my time yesterday. Not to mention I just had this router replaced less than a month ago. I have had terrible service since the day I signed a contract with this company. 

maratsade

I get you're frustrated, but these things happen and repair isn't instantaneous.  May want to consider Express Repair, like @GabeU  suggested, but you'd have to wait one or two days, depending on how much you pay for the service, and there'd be a copay to boot.

Tpaynter1 wrote:

Something that doesn't involve 3 days of lost wages as I'm now unable to work due to no internet. I also spent well over 4 hours on chat and the phone with someone who wasted my time my time yesterday. Not to mention I just had this router replaced less than a month ago. I have had terrible service since the day I signed a contract with this company. 

GabeU

@Tpaynter1 wrote:

Tech companies are contracted to cover specific areas, so whether they're contacted for a dispatch by a rep here or the phone it would likely be the same tech, or at least the same company (they subcontract), and the same time.  The appointments also tend to be first available for your area.  

HughesNet does offer an Express Repair service, however, which is different from the standard level of service.  If time is critical, you may want to consider signing up for it for the future.