cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Slow (100 k down) on Gen 5 beam 39

Re: Super Slow (100 k down) on Gen 5 beam 39

Hi Jeff,

Beam 39 and 55 are actually right next to each other. The adjustments made may have made some kind of impact. We'll bring this up again when we check in with the engineers tomorrow to see if they will do similar adjustments on 39.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

I see... "so you're saying there's a chance!" Cool - I'll keep running speed tests each evening after work so we will have a record of the performance.

-Jeff

New Poster

Hey! Speeds are much better tonight. I believe one test was around 10m and the other around 6m. Big improvement over the 0.1 to 0.3 I had been seeing. Hopefully things will settle down now and stay closer to the 10m mark.

Thanks!

Good to hear, thank you for letting us know. Let's hope it gets better and stays that way.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Highlighted
Spectator

• Hope ?  Hughes  technical  support  runs on  hope?  I just switched to Hughes  a week ago & my download speeds have been typically  miserable  - lowest 0.07 Mbps  with occasional  spurts over 30  but mostly under 3 .  Uploads hover around 2 Mbps .   Their tech spent about  2 hours going  over the entire installation  and came up with no solution.

New Poster

Ugghh... what happened? Tonight's first pair of tests were 0.06 and 0.09 meg... slowest ever recorded. Upload speed still within "normal" range.

New Poster

The dismal speeds from Friday evening seemed to be short-lived. Tests Saturday and Sunday are back to the "normal slowness". Still nothing near the 25mbps advertised. What else can we try to get some improvement?

Same here. Just got hugesnet install Oct 3 and we hate it. Please help us. This is worst than 56k modem!!! Ive called probably 8 times and have emailed them. What can I do????