cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caspar3259
New Poster

Super Slow (100 k down) on Gen 5 beam 39

Dear tech support / moderators,

Speed has been getting slower and slower. Ran a number of hughesnet speed tests tonight and most are in the 100k range. The last 2 tests from tonight were a direct connection from computer to ht2000 modem and nothing else connected (wifi is off). I also rebooted the modem before the last test, which then gave the same 100k results.

Help me obi wan...

27 REPLIES 27

Hi Jeff,

I've PMed you an update from engineering, please check your messages.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

@Liz

Why do the mods use the PM approach to share info from engineering.  Can't these updates be shared with everyone.  I see many many many times where a PM is used to convey info, rather than posting for everyone to see. 

HUGHESNET:  IF YOU HAVE INFO...SHARE IT WITH EVERYONE!

Location: Placerville, CA|Gen5 Beam:55|Gateway:GIL|Router:ASUS AC68U

Hi EdV,

Good question. The plans differ for everyone, so we've been instructed to PM those plans to applicable customers.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz

@Liz wrote:

Hi EdV,

Good question. The plans differ for everyone, so we've been instructed to PM those plans to applicable customers.

======================

What do you mean, "The plans..." ?  Are you saying HN has "plans" for a solution, but you can't share those "plans" with everyone?  Why is that info not shareable? 

Maybe you can share the general nature of the HN plans with everyone...HN is getting a huge blackeye by being so secretive about the problem and any solutions you have developed.

ALso, you can find the time to reply to my post here, but can't find the time to reply to my post from last Monday?  I have tagged you on my Monday post, but all I get is "crickets" from HN.  Another blackeye (at least with me) so to speak.

HN has some PR work to do.  HUGHESNET...Just BE BETTER

Location: Placerville, CA|Gen5 Beam:55|Gateway:GIL|Router:ASUS AC68U

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your feedback, I understand your concern, I'll send this up to management for their consideration. I do apologize for missing your thread from earlier this week, I'm still catching up. Thank you for creating your own thread, I'll post in there shortly, but you should check your PMs as I have PMed you there with your update.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Liz

Good morning caspar3259,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I've pulled up your account to address your concerns and we're currently investigating. I'll post back once I have additional questions or instructions.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

cara
Spectator

I am experiencing the same problem.  I found several customers with the same issues.  I will add mine.  Slow, slow , slow....when we finally called customer service, get this, the tech told us that WE were downloading too much!  Can you believe that repsonse?  After ten minutes of going round and round about the changes in speed, my husband told her that we shouldn't be throttled because we were on FREETIME.  Get this....she said  "oh", and suddenly we are back up and running with no wait time.   Can't help but think that they are playing GOD.