cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Slow (100 k down) on Gen 5 beam 39

New Poster

Super Slow (100 k down) on Gen 5 beam 39

Dear tech support / moderators,

Speed has been getting slower and slower. Ran a number of hughesnet speed tests tonight and most are in the 100k range. The last 2 tests from tonight were a direct connection from computer to ht2000 modem and nothing else connected (wifi is off). I also rebooted the modem before the last test, which then gave the same 100k results.

Help me obi wan...

27 REPLIES
Associate Professor

Re: Super Slow (100 k down) on Gen 5 beam 39

Good morning caspar3259,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I've pulled up your account to address your concerns and we're currently investigating. I'll post back once I have additional questions or instructions.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

Yes, Echostar-19-NAD, Gateway 9, Beam 39, Outroute 6.

Thanks for looking into this!

New Poster

Speed continues to crawl - near impossible to use some web sites...

Any news or hope on the horizon?

Good morning caspar3259,

Thank you for checking in, no news yet. I've pinged engineering for a status update.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

It has been about a week and a half now... I was out of town for a few days and ran a couple tests tonight after my return. Same pitiful speed as before.

Is this the right avenue to get resolution? At what point does my bill get adjusted to reflect the (almost) lack of service?

Thanks for keeping after it!

-Jeff

Good morning Jeff,

Thank you for this update. We're waiting on confirmation from the appropriate people on whether the network adjustments slated for this past Saturday were completed on beam 55. We've already informed engineering that service complaints still persist. 

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page, I'll send you a PM shortly to further address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

New Poster

Will the adjustments on beam 55 help me on beam 39? Seems unrelated... but you never know.

Thanks!

Spectator

I am experiencing the same problem.  I found several customers with the same issues.  I will add mine.  Slow, slow , slow....when we finally called customer service, get this, the tech told us that WE were downloading too much!  Can you believe that repsonse?  After ten minutes of going round and round about the changes in speed, my husband told her that we shouldn't be throttled because we were on FREETIME.  Get this....she said  "oh", and suddenly we are back up and running with no wait time.   Can't help but think that they are playing GOD.