cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super Slow (100 k down) on Gen 5 beam 39

caspar3259
New Poster

Re: Super Slow (100 k down) on Gen 5 beam 39

Speeds have been consistently < 1mbps for over a month. I started measuring speeds a couple times a day on Sept 26 and been doing it almost every day since. It's been 6 weeks with very poor service. Ugghhh.... How long can it take to fix a problem?

...and then I read other posts about speed being 30 m in the morning and slowing in the afternoon... or "I only get between 3 and 6 m"... I wish! My online experience has gone back to dial-up where I play minesweeper and solitaire while waiting for pages to load.

caspar3259
New Poster

I have now endured 7 weeks of miserable service. Speeds seem to be getting worse... the last 4 tests were under 100 kbps. Yes, that's a "K" as in kilo, as in 0.1 meg, as in 250 times slower than advertised.

What am I supposed to do?

Liz

Good morning,

Thank you for this update, I'm sorry to hear that. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi Jeff,

I've PMed you an update from engineering, please check your messages.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

EdV
Sophomore

@Liz

Why do the mods use the PM approach to share info from engineering.  Can't these updates be shared with everyone.  I see many many many times where a PM is used to convey info, rather than posting for everyone to see. 

HUGHESNET:  IF YOU HAVE INFO...SHARE IT WITH EVERYONE!

Location: Placerville, CA|Gen5 Beam:55|Gateway:GIL|Router:ASUS AC68U
Liz

Hi EdV,

Good question. The plans differ for everyone, so we've been instructed to PM those plans to applicable customers.

EdV
Sophomore

@Liz

@Liz wrote:

Hi EdV,

Good question. The plans differ for everyone, so we've been instructed to PM those plans to applicable customers.

======================

What do you mean, "The plans..." ?  Are you saying HN has "plans" for a solution, but you can't share those "plans" with everyone?  Why is that info not shareable? 

Maybe you can share the general nature of the HN plans with everyone...HN is getting a huge blackeye by being so secretive about the problem and any solutions you have developed.

ALso, you can find the time to reply to my post here, but can't find the time to reply to my post from last Monday?  I have tagged you on my Monday post, but all I get is "crickets" from HN.  Another blackeye (at least with me) so to speak.

HN has some PR work to do.  HUGHESNET...Just BE BETTER

Location: Placerville, CA|Gen5 Beam:55|Gateway:GIL|Router:ASUS AC68U
Liz

Hi Ed,

Thank you for your feedback, I understand your concern, I'll send this up to management for their consideration. I do apologize for missing your thread from earlier this week, I'm still catching up. Thank you for creating your own thread, I'll post in there shortly, but you should check your PMs as I have PMed you there with your update.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.