Did you mean: 

Super Slow

uh
Freshman

Re: Super Slow

Highlighted

Hello,

Thank you for performing the speed tests and working with our champs on your issue. I have reviewed your HughesNet system and believe the best course of action is to dispatch a technician to your location. I've requested a site visit and a local technician will reach out to you to confirm a date to stop by. I will also be adding a discount to your account for a few months because of the issues you have been experiencing.

Thanks,

Amanda

uh
Freshman

Strange Service visit

I posted this in the tech section but it got marked as spam. I'll try again.

Strange Unnannouced Service Visit

There was a knock on my door. A man in a plain blue short sleeve pullover said he was from Hughes and asked if I have a problem. I said it's very slow sometimes, He said THAT'S IT, may I come in? I asked if he had any ID. He said he lost it a couple days ago. I said I had no warning he was coming. He said he has 626-****. I told him it's 625-****. He asked do you want to reschedule. I said not without an ID card. Then I get a call on my cell. The correct number. He said his technician can work on my router from outside. He just needs my password.I told him when his technician shows me an ID card he can have my password. He said his technician lost his ID a couple days ago. I said then he needs to get another. So he said ENJOY YOUR SLOW INTERNET and hung up.

I checked my data on this site. The phone numbers are correct. I checked my ****. I have messages from Hughes, but not lately. The email address listed in my profile is now g********, should be d********....But I got mail from you before.I tried editing the one that's in there now to correct it. But after entering my password again, and whatever else it asked, I get an error message that says that server can not be contacted now...Typical.

This whole incident is beyond unprofessional. I will not be ENJOYING MY SLOW INTERENT. I would like some sort of heads up when someone is coming here. ID card of some kind might be good.

Distinguished Professor III

Re: Strange Service visit

@uh 

Judging by the Amanda's last reply on your other thread it most likely was a legitimate visit, though they were supposed to reach out to you and confirm a date and time period for the visit.  I don't at all blame you for being cautious, especially with him saying he lost his ID a couple of days ago.  That's something they should always have with them and should always either display, or show upon request.  I'm sure one of the reps will reach out to you, whether in this thread, through a PM (the little white envelope in upper right corner of page), or by calling you.  

With that said, please keep in mind that this is a public site that anyone can view, so you shouldn't post any personal information, like your phone number or email address.  When a rep needs that kind of information, or when you would like to convey it to them, it will be requested, or should be sent, respectively, through the private messaging (PM) system on this site in to keep the information private and safe.  I advise that you edit the phone number(s) and email address(es) out of your post, though a rep may do so before you read this reply. 

To edit your post, click on the three dots to the upper right of the message and click "Edit Message", then edit the info out of the message and click "Post" on the lower right.  Again, though, a rep may have already edited the information out of the post by the time you read this reply.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hello,

First I would like to apologize if we caused you any further stress. I understand you've been having performance issues for a while and the last thing we want to do is prolong a solution. In my last reply to you on your main thread I said the tech would call to confirm the appointment, which is also what I entered in the notes, but I can't answer to why this wasn't done. I will escalate your experience to our field service management here in the corporate office and ensure that the next technician calls you ahead of time (as it should be) to schedule the appointment and they arrive with the ID (which we require) on hand. The visit is a very important next step to improving your service, so I hope we can get it worked out this time. 

Thank you,

Amanda

uh
Freshman

I eagerly await a call. Please leave a message and I'll call right back.I can't answer every unregnized call as robocall marketers also call frequently.

Tags (1)

Hello,

Just wanted to follow up and see how the visit went since we haven't heard from you in a while.

Thanks,

Amanda

uh
Freshman

Please review the postings in The Strange Service Visit subject in the myaccouts and billing section.

uh
Freshman

A guy came over this morning. No one called to set up time again. I asked him what phone number he had. He had 2 numbers. The firrt one was from Virgin mobile that I have not used for a long time, It is not  listed in my accouts either. But this guy had ID around his neck this time so I let him in. He looked at the modem and accessed wifi on hIs phone without me telling him the password.  His ookla speeds were much faster than mine but I don't think he was even using my system. If he had no modem password how could he? He did a speed tests using ookla. His phone way faster than my computer. But again I don't think he was using my modem. He left saying he needs to go home and think about it.

Distinguished Professor III

@uh 

He may already have had the password if it hasn't been changed from its default.  He also could have gotten it from the back of the modem.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit